My long awaited build... (I don't think 56k exist anymore) So lots of pics...

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that.

However the Saleen S/C with Super Shaker is good for at least 190 RWHP all by itself. Are you sure the engine was running.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Damn.. lost 110hp on first pull from stock. Sorry to hear about all the issues. Did you upgrade any of the valvetrain with the new cams?

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Huh... I don't think those cams need upgraded springs and what not do they?.... You put so much into the car at once it's hard to say what happened.

Boozshey

Reaction score
I am 100% sure. I mean, I don't see how they could be out of wack. I checked 4 times that the chain wouldn't fall from the bottom sprocket once I removed the phaser sprocket. I even had the guy that was there with double check it for me and watch to see if the chain slipped. I then marked the phaser sprocket and chain in two positions before I removed them and since I only had one wedge tool, I know I didn't switch up the phaser sprockets. Also the cams only fit one way in the sprocket so that can't be the problem either.

I am going to had to check everything out and honestly if I have to pull the front cover off the motor I will most likey say F it and start to build a new one. So we will see what happens.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks sick! May I suggest possibly powdercoating the alternator? It seems as if it's the only thing popping out that needs to be inline with everything else.

Boozshey

Reaction score
I just bought an extra one. I will either powder coat it black or I may get it slightly polished. Not to a shine, but so it matches the other tanks on the car...

FORDIFIED3V281

THE HITMAN
Reaction score
Sorry to here this Bruce, Don't forget i have this long block at my house if you need something to compare to. We can pull the timing cover off it and compare it with how yours is set up, just a thought.

Boozshey

Reaction score
So got home today; checked the cams out and timing. It looked to be good. Then put everything back together. Started to talk about possibilities and my tuner noticed a vacuum line pinched between the blower and firewall, that went from the boost acuator to the master cylinder. I was actually pretty excited. So we got it loose, he left and I finished putting things back together.

Go to start the car and didn't notice the sound of the fuel pump. Checked all the fuses and wiring. Everything was fine. So I had to take the tire off, the fender well liner and check the pcm. I am not sure what happened but it seems I didn't have one of the harnesses seated right cause I reseated the three harnesses and check and everything was good. Put it all back together and went for a ride.

Still nothing good to report. No more backfiring. But still whenever I go past 1/4 throttle the car bogs down and doesn't move anywhere.

So I got gas, came home and swapped out all 8 coil packs. Went for another drive and same thing. Datalogged this trip to see what was going on. I did manage to hit 13lbs of boost so why I am not going anywhere I have no idea...

I will call my tuner tomorrow and see what's next.

memphisstylee

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the problems but the build is amazing! Nice job on the wire tuck and PCM placement btw :beer:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back