My V6 -> 5.4 Swap.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
It needs a tune BAD. Car won't idle on it's own, anyone running NA with a jpc intake manifold?

1fast05

I wanna go fast
Reaction score
It might have to warm up a bit, my cnl was supposed to be tuned but I got cnl to send me a tune to get it running and they sent 2 tunes one regular and one for if i had a cold start problem, not sure what was done to the tunes but most likely one was a bit richer

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Yea because she fires up and then dies after 3 seconds if I don't give it a little gas

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Got everything figured out!

She idles pretty damn good now, still trying to get the tune locked down.

Took her out tonight and HOLY SHIT its a difference from a little 4 liter. She blows the tires off just blipping the throttle, and with the lightweight aluminum flywheel it revs pretty damn quick.

Sounds fucking BEAST open hpipe.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
A friend of mine managed to get a video of her starting the first time.

I was so fucking out of it, having been up for 20 hours and nervous as hell I wasn't all there but when she fired up everything just seemed just right.

I was so shocked she started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2l9zNar1UY

iwaxmyjimmy

forum member
Reaction score
A friend of mine managed to get a video of her starting the first time.

I was so fucking out of it, having been up for 20 hours and nervous as hell I wasn't all there but when she fired up everything just seemed just right.

I was so shocked she started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2l9zNar1UY

Its a great feeling when a engine you built/put in/ did anything major to starts one the first time. I think that is exactly why I enjoy working on cars so much. I think the best feeling I had was walking through the shop when I was only 19 throwing the keys to my general manager/service manager and saying here go drive it. I had just rebuilt a rearend for him, it was only like the 5th one I had done, and he didn't know I could do them.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet good deal. I can't believe that with everything you've done to that car your still running the stock air intake. Get a better flowing CAI already, you have to be starving that intake manifold.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
That thing is going to be a BEAST!!! Sounded wicked mean.

A HUGE congrats on your determination and what currently sounds like a success.

Drive it like you stole it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
So after 3 days of driving her around, shes already starting to feel kinda slow.

Ran a friend of mine last night, he has an 06 GT with a CAI, long tubes, o/r x, and a few other bolt ons with a custom tune and we were neck and neck and I had a passenger.

So pretty much a 5.4 with stock intake, exhaust, and tune is about on par with a bolt on tuned GT.

This weekend i'm putting my nitrous kit back on the car, and starting with a 100 shot. Then cams and eventually twin 52s or something. I wanted a billet 67 just for insta-spool but everyone at the shop talked me into twins on the 5.4

mynameismike65

forum member
Reaction score
So after 3 days of driving her around, shes already starting to feel kinda slow.

Ran a friend of mine last night, he has an 06 GT with a CAI, long tubes, o/r x, and a few other bolt ons with a custom tune and we were neck and neck and I had a passenger.

So pretty much a 5.4 with stock intake, exhaust, and tune is about on par with a bolt on tuned GT.

This weekend i'm putting my nitrous kit back on the car, and starting with a 100 shot. Then cams and eventually twin 52s or something. I wanted a billet 67 just for insta-spool but everyone at the shop talked me into twins on the 5.4

you have more vids?

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
who cares if it is a little off, he did it mostly on his own.

congrats man that thing is going to be quick.

did I say I cared if it was crooked ? No, just asked a question if anybody was seeing the same. Yea, it's a hell of a build. Yea, he did it mostly himself. Yea, kudos are due. No I wouldn't give a flying shit if my intake was a little crooked either. A simple question wasn't it ?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
did I say I cared if it was crooked ? No, just asked a question if anybody was seeing the same. Yea, it's a hell of a build. Yea, he did it mostly himself. Yea, kudos are due. No I wouldn't give a flying shit if my intake was a little crooked either. A simple question wasn't it ?

lol,id care...id care alot!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back