NastyStang gets a Full Detail

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn it, I hate these threads...it makes me think about how derelict I've been with mine. Now that the nice weather is around here in the northeast, I'll have to do a full detail as well.

Oh...and you car looks awesome. :beer:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I was planning on finishing the car with up until the sealant at least today, leaving it to cure before the LSP. However it's so hot in the garage I don't think I'm even going to try until dusk. I don't feel like dealing with 95 degree weather in the garage..

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I love mernzerna, never gave me issues due to humidity. Living in Pittsburgh, its fairly humid all year.

your LSP is on it's way :D

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Polish Step 2:

Time: ~2 Hours?

205Copy.jpg

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I love mernzerna, never gave me issues due to humidity. Living in Pittsburgh, its fairly humid all year.

your LSP is on it's way :D

I keep getting told how Menzerna isn't that finicky with temperature and how a little goes a long way. Keep rubbing it in! LOL

Now I just have to figure out which LSP to use... I've got all of my current products plus your Adam's Americana as well as Autoglym HD on the way... I'll be using Blackfire Sealant as well.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I keep getting told how Menzerna isn't that finicky with temperature and how a little goes a long way. Keep rubbing it in! LOL

Now I just have to figure out which LSP to use... I've got all of my current products plus your Adam's Americana as well as Autoglym HD on the way... I'll be using Blackfire Sealant as well.

You'll like the Americana, imo best underrated wax out there.

IMO, I think Megiuars has went down hill since 3M had purchased them.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score

Excellent choice. I bet you didn't know I like that stuff by now did you? lol

shanec

forum member
Reaction score
Nasty, I envy your under-the-hood process. Could you describe that more?

And...what do you do to the tires?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Polish Step 3:

BlackfirePolishCopy.jpg

Time: ~1 Hour

This was the first time using the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish. It's obviously very oily so keep this in mind. It does not take a lot to go a very long way. After priming the pad I only used a 1-3 drops per panel. Moisten the pad every panel as well. It still takes patience in removing it completely. Taking your time pays off otherwise you'll be frustrated when you catch more "extra oils" from a different angle or lighting. I tried to take a picture with one side of the hood done and without but the camera couldn't capture the difference. However I'll say it now there is a huge difference. The paint looks so much richer, wet, etc. It's a complete step above glazes in terms of appearance after application, IMO.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Damn, you are going to make me get into legit detailing... Shit is expensive though!

Yes it is! I don't even want to know how much I've spent..

Nasty, I envy your under-the-hood process. Could you describe that more?

And...what do you do to the tires?

What else do you want to know? Everything in my original post really covers everything I do.

I just scrub them clean and apply Hyperdressing 1:1.

:beerdrink:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Sealant:

Time: ~30-45 Minutes

BlackfireSealantCopy.jpg

BlackfireSealantHazeCopy.jpg

This was my first time using Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant on a whole vehicle. I played around with it on some other painted items. Maybe you remember the Echo! LOL Anyways, I really like it! I'd highly recommend it, especially applying it with the PC/DA. It spreads very nicely, only needs a few drops per panel to get 100% coverage. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the static it produces. It seemed to be fine after a bit but during removal it had a static charge unlike most products. By no means, something to make me not like the product though.

The instructions say to do a panel at a time and remove. I couldn't disagree more with it. I found it much easier to remove the longer cure time the product had. As I did more of the car I kept dragging it out and I ended up in the end having 5 panels needing to be wiped and on all of the panels the product removed like a dream. This was one of my favorite parts of the product, removing it you could immediately feel how slick the paint was. I actually ended up applying it to all of the windows as well and they feel and look amazing.

While I was waiting for the last two panels to cure I decided to detail the door jambs instead of waiting until tomorrow. The door jambs got the same treatment. Clay, #105, #205, and Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant. Although I skipped the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish. I removed the door sill plates as well to ensure proper coverage.

I used Optimum Metal Polish on the exhaust tips and like always very happy with the results. The only thing left is to clean up any dusting, QD the whole car, clean the interior, and seal the wheels. I'm still debating if I want to try to polish the face of the wheels with the Flex + #205. :)

Last edited:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Agreed 100% about your method with the Black Fire Wet Diamond. It's a waste of time doing it their way, IMO as well.

I usually do the roof, the hood, the rear deck, and a fender. Then I'd remove the first panel I did, do another panel, remove the second panel, do another panel, etc. Or sometimes I'd just do the entire car, then remove it in the order I applied it, then bounce back around some to get off any excess as it's easier to remove as it cures more once the top is removed.

Glad you like it. I guess I'm going to have to try some of the Polish now since you like it so much.

Last edited:

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
This thread is awesome... should I use a "wet look" sealent even if I don't cut the car?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. I really hate taking pictures doing any installs or details like this. I always want to and don't ever taking any or enough. Exactly what happened here. I just find myself to busy working to stop.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back