Need help with questions regarding my Stereo Setup Plz!!!

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
basically took out my entire setup from my 97 and wanting to implement it into my 08 GT with a shaker 500.

Head Unit: Pioneer Premier DEH-P590IB

I am getting the 2 pairs of speaker wiring harness's (Metra 72-5600) that are needed so I can reuse my 6x8 Pioneer Front (240W) and Rear (260) speakers.

Getting the (Metra 99-5812) Dual Din to single din Installation kit.

I do have an AMP and dual 10in Infinity Subs I want to implement which I know how to do, but as far as the MAIN WIRING HARNESS, I dont know which one to get or I don't think I understand it very clearly.

I have seen the PAC C2R-FRD1 Radio Replacement Wire Harness but is this right for me? I really don't care about utilizing the Subs in the door since I will have dual 10s in the back but if I get this PAC harness, is it basically allowing me to use the AMP that came with the car to power the 4 speakers and the two 8in subs in the doors?

If I decided to get another harness (have no idea!! recommend me one!), that will Bypass the main amp... (is this a good idea?) and do not have another amp (since i only have one i'm using for the subs), will I still be able to hear anything out of the speakers?? or will my head unit provide the necessary power to power the speakers??

Which scenario would be the best?? I want the correct harness that will work best with what i got.

Truly do appreciate all the suggestions!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The correct harness to reuse the factory wiring and amps is a Metra 70-5521. It should be the only harness you need. Wire it to the stereo, plug it in to the factory harness, and be done with it.

But just like I told Skeeter in this post here, you will have to put a voltage regulator on your amp on signal wire to keep from having a speaker pop

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
awesome just ordered everything... will look into the pop thing you talked about

Back