New 900 hp electric mustang.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Tesla is a fast car, if not a bit pretentious and soulless. that said I believe that Tesla that was originally on YT beating every car in the 1/4 mile was highly modified...as was the Tesla that just set a record around the Gring or Ring or whatever that German stretch of road is called that everyone wets their pants over. Anyway, the manual electric Mustang is fine by me but I’m never giving up my ’08 Bullitt. I’m not racing so to me the numbers regardless of how impressive take a back seat to driver experience.

Its not highly modified, it has Ludicrous mode which is factory on the high end Tesla. Makes the car a sub 3 sec 0-60 car. The new ones go 0-60 in 2.5 seconds. Remember most of these are awd.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
0-60 i 2.5 secs is nuts..... and dead quiet too. That would smoke anything in a street race.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know they say electric motors don't "need" gears, but a transmission would add driver involvement. And a smaller electric motor could be used. Seems, on it's face, that could be useful.

I just can't wrap my head around the power ratings system for electric motors.

JJ427R

Reaction score
The Zombie 222 ^ does 0-60 in 1.94 sec (faster than any current super car) Ran the Texas Mile at 174.2 Comparison, friend of mine had the stock gas record at the Wilmington Mile in Ohio in his 2012 Boss 302LS at 155mph.... in photos car #9340

hrdp_2012_15_wilmington_race_track_ohio_mile_.jpg

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/hrdp-1209-2012-wilmington-race-track-ohio-mile/

Last edited:

brasil

Reaction score
To be honest - who needs a E Car ( besides a country fair ) there we call it auto- scooter .
Let‘s leave those toys where they belong . Away from public roads . The future is for the synthetic fuels. Like Gas to liquid ( GTL ) oder extreme low consumption engines .
But E Cars ?? Toys for rich boys . Or Pizza delivery .
A Ford Mustang needs a V 8 petrol engine . But with E Power - it will be just another car ..... nothing more
Just my 2 cents

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

There's an exceedingly high probability that I will never own a Tesla, but I will say this....whoever is designing their cars is doing a really nice job. All of the Tesla cars a good looking cars. Definitely not wonky looking odd balls. If you want to sell electric cars to the masses, don't design them for nerds. Make them look cool and have the performance to back them up.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
No plans for production on that mustang, its a one-off. Still, very interesting.
Now, have you seen the Iron Resurection episode where they see the guy who owns the zombie 222? INSANE fast, with a whopping 50 mile range I think... lol
Teslas get up and GO. I was second at a light behind one, in the mustang, I took off regular traffic speed. He left me there like I was driving a Yugo. No tire noise, tire smoke, no noise... just woosh. He wasn't trying to impress anyone, there was no "wana race street BS", lol.

Charge time is whats holding back electrics, not so much as range (if charge time is solved, range don't matter anymore)

Ever seen any Formula E races? I watched a couple of the 2019 races. The start is weird, there is no sound at all till the lights go out. Then is just whirring and tires squeeling and smoking. The racing is awesome.

I could own a current tech EV, and use it to commute without any range anxiety. Just can't justify it economically. And by the time the ROI of saved fuel cost is recovered by driving the EV, the EV will be worn out. Say your fuel cost is $1000/year. A new commute EV is $30K and up.
That is 30 years of fuel!! Ok, fuel prices go up and up, so say 15 years of fuel. What is the lifespan of an EV? Maybe it will just need a new battery pack, maybe not....

20 mpg is good enough for me for now...:Big Laugh:

Shrek427R

Reaction score
China has the largest stock of highway legal light-duty plug-ins with over 2 million domestically built passenger cars. They also dominate in plug-in buses. The US had one million plug-in cars, with good old Cali the largest U.S. plug-in market. Norway has the highest EV/Plug-in vehicles per capita. Amsterdam has the highest density of EV charging stations in the world. I saw them everywhere on my last visit and are convenient. The electric vehicles are here and will keep coming. With subsidies, increased range, lower battery costs, and environmental sensitivity they aren't going away.
I would buy one to daily drive it but still keep my 5 speed manual Mustang in the garage for track days or wait to find a good deal on used Model S with the "insane mode" feature for track use.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Once EV's become more popular, you can bet your bottom dollar that governments will impose taxes on the electricity used to charge them because their tax revenues from gasoline/diesel will be reduced as cars running on those fuels are phased out.

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
I do wish all the manufacturers would get off the high horse of 'no emissions'. How dense do they think the public is? Nevermind, don't answer that.
Until there is nuclear generated power only, there will always be emissions. Then that begs the question as to what to do with the depleted waste. :idea: Maybe Elon could jettison it into space.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Until there is nuclear generated power only, there will always be emissions. Then that begs the question as to what to do with the depleted waste. :idea: Maybe Elon could jettison it into space.

Molten Salt Reactors. Can't have a run away reaction. Can be set up to consume "waste" source material. All that crap sitting in caves......make power with it. Also no weapons grade or even dirty weapons grade leftovers.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I do wish all the manufacturers would get off the high horse of 'no emissions'.

They obviously ignore the fact that most of the electricity that's generated to charge the batteries of EVs comes from fossil fuels. That said, their carbon footprint is much less than that of gasoline/diesel powered cars but it isn't zero. The real selling point of EVs is the zero emissions of HC, CO, and NOx with a consequent improvement in air quality, particularly in areas with a high population density. Since there are major concerns about the incidence of respiratory problems in urban areas, that can only be a good thing especially if buses, trucks, and taxis also become electric.
All we need is more recharging points, more electricity generation using renewable sources (solar, wind, nuclear), and governments willing to invest in the necessary infrastructure. Easy huh? ;)

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Not to mention the environmental and health impact of nickel mining for the batteries.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Surely the manufacturers will find a way to recycle the Ni and Li used in their batteries in order to limit the environmental impact of mining those elements.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back