New Best ET!!! 11.64.... NO power adder!!!

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just got in from Englishtown were i brought my car for a private rental with Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Magazine. They did an install on my car with a Torque converter and all i can say was it worked great!!! The previous best i had with my car was 11.87 @ 115, That was with a 1.71 60 foot on the stock converter. Well here is how todays best run went!

1.58 60 foot
11.649 @ 113.08!!!

I have to give credit to Evan Smith the editor of MM&FF for this run, he is a little lighter than me and bettered my best time of the day with this.

I did not get a time ticket because it was a rental so i dont know 330, 1/8th, and 1000 foot times.

The car launchs incredible with the converter in it. What a difference, i had been fightning converter issues too previously to this. I put in another converter twice and it actually slowed the car down big time. Finally i got the right one though!

Here is how some of the other runs we made today went....

11.650 @ 113.0 1.58 60' (Evan 2nd run)

11.677 @ 112.85 1.59 60' (Me!!!)

11.68 @ 113.0 1.60 60' (Frank Cicerale of MM&FF)

11.708 @ 112.6 1.60 60' (Me!!!)

Yea I bracket race this ole' heap

I just wanted to share with everyone my new best ET, Au Natural, and kick ass 60' foot times!!

JimIII @ JDM

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Jim,

I'll see you at JDM Day on Friday.

Last edited:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
That's pretty amaizing! Plan on doing any other mods to your car Jim?

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Dang, maybe the only thing to honestly believe in MM&FF is that Evan Smith can drive like a SOB.

Congrats though none-the-less!!

spyder7724

Reaction score
DAMN!!! just when i thought i had you in my sights.. hahahha congrats!! i knew you had the power to run mid 11's you just needed the converter straightened out. i'm sure there's more in it too. well i guess i'll be building an engine this winter huh?

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's really really fast!!! what converter did you go with?

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Im not really sure if im allowed to speak openly about the converter but it was a TCI. Its an off the shelf unit they have been selling and alot of you guys run it.

Kimmer,

Hey man you can count on it, i have some comp cams next...I want to get FAST manifold if they ever freakin make them.....or i just might have to make a trick ass sheetmetal intake!! Then lighten her up some! My goal is 11.20's @ 118...not sure but it seems plausible with whats left in it.

Ron,

thanks man!! I knew when i was talking with you and saw your car run at Etown that the converter should do its job. What a difference, it was like there was an anchor attached to the car getting out of the hole with the old one. This thing....well shit 1.58 60 speaks for itself!!!!! And definatley man keep with yours its great to see NA cars run so fast!!

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice Jim!! TCI gets a bad rap sometimes. A lot of people think they are the Wal-Mart of tranny/converter companies. All I can say is that their stuff works and works well period. Glad to hear they hooked your car up!!

spyder7724

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Im not really sure if im allowed to speak openly about the converter but it was a TCI. Its an off the shelf unit they have been selling and alot of you guys run it.

Kimmer,

Hey man you can count on it, i have some comp cams next...I want to get FAST manifold if they ever freakin make them.....or i just might have to make a trick ass sheetmetal intake!! Then lighten her up some! My goal is 11.20's @ 118...not sure but it seems plausible with whats left in it.

Ron,

thanks man!! I knew when i was talking with you and saw your car run at Etown that the converter should do its job. What a difference, it was like there was an anchor attached to the car getting out of the hole with the old one. This thing....well shit 1.58 60 speaks for itself!!!!! And definatley man keep with yours its great to see NA cars run so fast!!
from what i saw on your car you have got about another 2-3 tenths you can get from it. ditch the seats, get a k-member+ a-arms +rad support, lose the exhaust :) [no power there but at least it's loud and shaves 40-50lbs.]
use a short belt for the p/s delete and hold the e-brake and build it uip as high as possible on the line.
if you ran 11.60's you should be able to touch an 11.2 or 11.30 just by doing a couple small things.
my car ran 12.20's before i did the belt thing and used the e-brake on the line. i was able to run 11.98 using the p/s delete belt and 11.89 with no belt at all and mine was missing from 5200rpms in high gear on all those runs.
i think you should shoot more for high 10's than low 11's especially with the cams.
also i think i've been talked out of using the nitrous(i've gotten a ton of messages an emails from people who don't want to see me do it yet) but i really would like to have it on the car for the NMRA modular muscle stuff so it may go on and come back off after bradenton. it's nice to have the insurance that you can run the index on sunday if the weather changes drastically.

matt texass

Reaction score
dam just when i thought i had my mind made up on what converter to go with.........

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Scream'n Yeller FTW!!!!!!

Congrats Jim!!!!! I can't wait to see that first 10 sec pass N/A!!!!!!!!

fordracing

12.84@108 1.89 60' N/A
Reaction score
Ok so I have to ask what mods do you have to get that kind of ET? Are you guys running safe tunes or are you really pushing the edge to get these times N/A?

spyder7724

Reaction score
Ok so I have to ask what mods do you have to get that kind of ET? Are you guys running safe tunes or are you really pushing the edge to get these times N/A?
I run 93 octane with some booster in it. I haven't tried race fuel yet but next season I'll get more aggressive with timing and use some 104 unleaded race fuel.
the aggressive part of the tune is the lockup schedule for the converter. i do have a seperate street tune thats tuned down a bit but other than that it's just a good tune thats been tweaked for almost two years.
not sure about jim's but i don't imagine it's too much different than mine.

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Paul thanks dude, your the man

Fordracing,

298 JDM stroker shortblock @ 11:1 compression
CNC ported JDM 3v heads
Stock cams
Stock intake manifold
JDM GT500 Throttle body kit
C&L racer intake tube
JDM air kit with 90mm maf housing stock sensor
IMRC delete plates
Saleen Underdrive pulleys
Kooks headers and cattless X pipe
Saleen catback with Magnapack and Magnaflow mufflers (2 sets)
TCI converter
Aluminum driveshaft
4.56 gears
True trac rear
LPW cover
QA 1 rear shocks
BMR Lower control arm drop brackets
GT500 lower control arms
Saleen Extreme Panhard rod
Saleen front struts
Saleen Lowering Springs
Bogart 15" Lightweight Aluminum wheels
Mickey thompson Drag Radials 275/60/15 and ET fronts 26x4.5x15

Race weight is 3275 with out me in it, but thats still full interior, stock seats, just the bogarts and removing my spare.

I run 103 VP race gas with a custom Dyno race tune from my father Jim @ JDM. The compression of my motor i could not race it like this on 93, I do have a 93 street tune that runs 5 less degrees of timing and makes around 340 RWHP.

JimIII

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back