New Car Smell Products

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
I called every single car dealer in town and begged them to tell me what they used because when I bought my 05 it still smelled new. None of them would give up the secret until I just happen to go to one and saw the guy detailing a car and being told every step. I waited around until the guy telling him what to do left. Acted like I worked there and told him I was about to show a car and needed some scent for it. He handed me this clear bottle with a red label on it that was hand written new car, and a phone number. I took one sniff and FOUND IT. Called the guy's number on the bottle and he agreed to meet me and sold me a bottle for 35.00. It is oil based so one spray does the entire car for weeks. I have had the bottle since march and less than a inch gone out of it. I usually spray one spray about once a month.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I called every single car dealer in town and begged them to tell me what they used because when I bought my 05 it still smelled new. None of them would give up the secret until I just happen to go to one and saw the guy detailing a car and being told every step. I waited around until the guy telling him what to do left. Acted like I worked there and told him I was about to show a car and needed some scent for it. He handed me this clear bottle with a red label on it that was hand written new car, and a phone number. I took one sniff and FOUND IT. Called the guy's number on the bottle and he agreed to meet me and sold me a bottle for 35.00. It is oil based so one spray does the entire car for weeks. I have had the bottle since march and less than a inch gone out of it. I usually spray one spray about once a month.

Are you fucking serious? I want a fucking bottle!!!!

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
What are the laws on shipping chemicals? If I can ship some. I will pour some in a small like carry on bottle

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
new car scent

Whats the company name&number,if you don't mind.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
LOL AK3RS we need to get a bottle and split it

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
I'm not sure the co name but I will PM you the number. I will call him tomorrow and make sure he is still in business.

stangzilla

forum member
Reaction score
Poorboy's world natural look interior dressing
you can use it on leather, vinyl, plastic, rubber. leaves a fresh scent, not too strong. its the only thing i use on the interior bc it smells great.

2007_SGT

Shelby Fan
Reaction score
The original "new" smell is a result of the chemicals in the plastic "gassing out". There are certain brands of plastic storage bins and certain types within those brands that are crafted from the same plastic used in our cars. I have walked by them on store shelves and been knocked back by the dead on accurate scent. Buy one of these bins, cut it up and hang a piece of it from your mirror. Or cut a bigger piece and put one under each seat. New smell recharged.

Along these lines is another couple of tricks I've used: Buy yourself a couple of leather chamois (shammy) and throw one under each seat! Brings back that sweet leather smell, especially if you park in the sun with the windows closed for a bit! Depending on the brand, some new carpet also "gasses off" a pleasant new car smell - look for new remnants and again toss a couple under the seats.

Sam

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have the money to go out and purchase a new car as of right now. That would be nice, but it is not an option. Any recommendations on some great products to use to get that new car smell back? I'm thinking of trying out one of these...

What do y'all think?

http://www.chemicalguys.com/New_car_air_freshener_p/air_101_16.htm

http://www.lanescarproducts.com/newcarscent.html

I ordered the Chemical Guys bottle. It sucks that the shipping costs more than the actual product...lol. I will post how it smells if you didn't already try it. BTW I don't have leather. I always use Febreeze but want to try something new.

Last edited:

CtRoush

forum member
Reaction score
:2g1c: I ordered the chemical guys leather smell. Pretty strong and hangs for quite a while. Just order the small bottle though. I bearly sprayed the inside and it still smells like real leather weeks later. Not sure of their other smells but if they work as well as the leather smell they should be good.

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got the bottle today and was a lil disappointed. It smells just like the stuff you buy at Autozone that says new car smell. I don't think I'm gonna like it and it sure doesn't smell like New Car to me...

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back