New Owner - Looking for Mod Advice

StangPapi

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here. I was wondering if I could get some help? I don't quite know how to start a thread or post something really. I would love to contribute to this topic but I don't have much experience with my car yet. But please if someone could tell me how to start a thread that would be awesome! I need to ask about the best hp mods per buck:rock: Thanks and good luck with your car!

VistaBlue09GT

Reaction score
Find the forum of which you want to post in through either the search tab or by clicking on forums. Try searching first to see if you find what your looking for but if not at the top of the page it will have a button to click on to post new thread. Fill it all out put a good title and hit post.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

StangPapi

Reaction score
Find the forum of which you want to post in through either the search tab or by clicking on forums. Try searching first to see if you find what your looking for but if not at the top of the page it will have a button to click on to post new thread. Fill it all out put a good title and hit post.
Thanks!

StangPapi

Reaction score
moved your post to it's own thread.

To answer your question... Supercharger /thread :cheers:

:bigwelcome:

Please take a few moments and read through these:

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30272

http://www.s197forum.com/threads/hawgmans-board-rules.133776/

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89602
Thanks! Man I’d love to afford a supercharger because I can’t get to far with N/A, but I’m still in high school so I don’t quite have the budget I’d like to have

I’ll give it a look though

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
Thanks! Man I’d love to afford a supercharger because I can’t get to far with N/A, but I’m still in high school so I don’t quite have the budget I’d like to have

Gears, cold air intake, and a tune if you don't have money to go FI.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

well you asked best bang for the HP buck and it's been proven on the site time and time again to be the best solution.

Many would say save your money and wait, I'll say if you're in HS, def wait.

as for less costly alternatives, as Sactown commented /\ 4.10s, tune and cold air intake.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also if it's a 5 speed, a shifter isn't a bad investment either, though I'm never really a fan of any factory shifter anyway.

Tune and an axle back will make for a fun car that turns some heads.

Quite a few affordable basic bolt on mods for the S197, unfortunately they start to get expensive quick. A tune and tuner will set you back $400. Most other stuff I'd recommend finding used if you can, saves a lot of money. Ebay is a good source. I got my shifter for $150 and I've bought multiple brand name axle backs in the $100-150 range.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new here. I was wondering if I could get some help? I don't quite know how to start a thread or post something really. I would love to contribute to this topic but I don't have much experience with my car yet. But please if someone could tell me how to start a thread that would be awesome! I need to ask about the best hp mods per buck:rock: Thanks and good luck with your car!

Welcome to the forum. @VistaBlue09GT posted the perfect post about what to do just below your first post. Once you get a few posts in, it will be easier to figure out how to add more stuff to the forum, like pics of your car. ;)

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Also if it's a 5 speed, a shifter isn't a bad investment either, though I'm never really a fan of any factory shifter anyway.

Tune and an axle back will make for a fun car that turns some heads.

Quite a few affordable basic bolt on mods for the S197, unfortunately they start to get expensive quick. A tune and tuner will set you back $400. Most other stuff I'd recommend finding used if you can, saves a lot of money. Ebay is a good source. I got my shifter for $150 and I've bought multiple brand name axle backs in the $100-150 range.

This is solid advice, I’ve bought a few things new but a lot used, a tuner, intake and an axle-back would wake the car up and make it sound infinitely better. Shifter if it’s a standard is a nice mod also.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back