New tune needed for JLT CAI if I already have a Steeda CAI?

jsnyng

Reaction score
So when the rumor on the street was that the Boss intake wouldn't fit the Steeda CAI, I rushed out and bought a JLT CAI. I have tunes from Brenspeed that I really enjoy, but they charge $35 for tune updates, and I just got them updated for other stuff 3 weeks ago. Does the Steeda and JLT flow the same to the point that a new tune isn't needed? Does anybody know if BBR updates their tunes for free or if they charge? I did not get the JLT from either of them. I got a smokin' deal on my JLT from Ryan at RDK Performance. Any help would be appreciated.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
why would you cheap out on a tune when you have a boss intake?

If you have the boss intake and JLT, a dyno tune is in order.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score

I don't think he has the Boss intake yet, just changed cai's. BBR only updates for free if you buy the part from them. That's what they told me when I got my SCT tuner and tune from them.

jsnyng

Reaction score
Did you already sell the Steeda CAI? Several people have reported they were able to get it to fit no problem.

I know. I could sell the JLT and leave my setup the same and not be out a penny, but I do really like the looks of the JLT.

Agreed with your sentiment, but I don't have the Boss intake yet.

and yes, the steeda fits the boss intake.

Yep, I know.

I don't think he has the Boss intake yet, just changed cai's. BBR only updates for free if you buy the part from them. That's what they told me when I got my SCT tuner and tune from them.

You are correct. BBR should update my tune for free since it was their misinformation that led me to buy the JLT in the first place. I think John got bad information and just passed that on as the gospel. I was pissed at first, but I don't think he "lied" to the community on purpose as some said.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I thought you decided against the Boss and are going FI.

If that is the case, keep the Steeda until then and sell the brand new JLT.

I can't knock you for thinking it looks good! It really does! But worth paying for an update and losing cash in the meantime?

Most people aren't in the business of losing money...Hahaha!

As far as needing a new tune, just swap them and see.

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
I do not suggest running the Steeda tune with the JLT and visa versa. Each intake has a different mass air transfer function regardless of how "close" they will be.

Our tunes are $75.00 and are among the best out there and we offer free tunes for life and I GUARANTEE you will be blown away.

For the future, any product you buy from us that requires a tune, even if you never bought a tune from us before or a tuner, you get the tune for FREE.....so yes sometimes other vendors can sell the product cheaper but there can be a cost when it comes to the tune

2011 Mustang GT SCT Tune - Torq

Last edited:

jsnyng

Reaction score
I thought you decided against the Boss and are going FI.

If that is the case, keep the Steeda until then and sell the brand new JLT.

I can't knock you for thinking it looks good! It really does! But worth paying for an update and losing cash in the meantime?

Most people aren't in the business of losing money...Hahaha!

As far as needing a new tune, just swap them and see.

Yeah, my blower deal that was too good to be true... it was. I started getting nickled and dimed to the tune of another $1,000. Then it became a "decent" deal, which for now I've decided to pass on. I'd be willing to lose $50 on the Steeda for the looks of the JLT. You of all people should appreciate wanting a little show to mate up with your go. I've seen your pic whoring thread on TMS. Car looks great, BTW.

jsnyng

Reaction score
I do not suggest running the Steeda tune with the JLT and visa versa. Each intake has a different mass air transfer function regardless of how "close" they will be.

Our tunes are $75.00 and are among the best out there and we offer free tunes for life and I GUARANTEE you will be blown away.

For the future, any product you buy from us that requires a tune, even if you never bought a tune from us before or a tuner, you get the tune for FREE.....so yes sometimes other vendors can sell the product cheaper but there can be a cost when it comes to the tune

2011 Mustang GT SCT Tune - Torq

How quickly could you turn around a tune file for me? I want a few non-standard things done to the tranny tuning for autocross racing. I want 4th, 5th, and 6th locked out. Can you do something like that for me?

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
How quickly could you turn around a tune file for me? I want a few non-standard things done to the tranny tuning for autocross racing. I want 4th, 5th, and 6th locked out. Can you do something like that for me?
We typically say 24-28hrs for a tune but I should be able to have it done by the end of the day. When you say you want 4th-6th locked out, you mean you never want it shifting out of 3rd?

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my blower deal that was too good to be true... it was. I started getting nickled and dimed to the tune of another $1,000. Then it became a "decent" deal, which for now I've decided to pass on. I'd be willing to lose $50 on the Steeda for the looks of the JLT. You of all people should appreciate wanting a little show to mate up with your go. I've seen your pic whoring thread on TMS. Car looks great, BTW.

Sucks about the blower deal not panning out.

I get the Show/Go ratio for sure. I just didn't want to suggest the JLT if you were going FI anyways. But now that I'm informed, pull that Steeda off and get that badass JLT on pronto.

While your at it, take Torq up on their offer and report back what you think.

He's giving you a hell of a guarantee!

Good luck man!

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
Sucks about the blower deal not panning out.

I get the Show/Go ratio for sure. I just didn't want to suggest the JLT if you were going FI anyways. But now that I'm informed, pull that Steeda off and get that badass JLT on pronto.

While your at it, take Torq up on their offer and report back what you think.

He's giving you a hell of a guarantee!

Good luck man!
All it takes is a quick search and I do not expect anyone to find anything bad. We have been at the forefront of tuning these cars for almost 10 years and tune everything from standalone to OEM computers for all domestic vehicles. We are among the few who make the major investments in OEM quality tools and equipment to ensure accurate tunes.

Automatic files, specific to road racing or auto-x, are tricky because everyone wants the trans to do something different but we can work with each driver

Last edited:

jsnyng

Reaction score
All it takes is a quick search and I do not expect anyone to find anything bad. We have been at the forefront of tuning these cars for almost 10 years and tune everything from standalone to OEM computers for all domestic vehicles. We are among the few who make the major investments in OEM quality tools and equipment to ensure accurate tunes.

Automatic files, specific to road racing or auto-x, are tricky because everyone wants the trans to do something different but we can work with each driver

Want me to give you a call to order? Number?

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
Good thing we are here late tonight ;-)

Give me a buzz at 877-870-8677 or 954-251-2110 if you want to chat (should be here for another 10-15) or you can place the order online with the link provided and I PM'ed you mentioning how we can fine tune your setup

linnE

forum member
Reaction score
how close are you to anderson sc? we are only 20 miles over the sc/ga line right off I85

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
Interested to see if Torq can get that for you; keep us updated.
Wow, a lot of pressure on this one. It may take a few datalogs to fine tune TP .vs. RPM .vs. MPH to nail his shift points

The issue with automatic calibrations is that some people like firm shifts, some do not. Some like having the RPM's rev and hang out like crazy, some want it to shift quick

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back