Nitrous install help! QUICK!!

Brn N Rubr

forum member
Reaction score
Installing an HSW dry kit on my friend's '05. Does it matter where the nozzle is? Does it have to be before the MAF? He is only going to be spraying a 75 shot and has a tune from BBR for it. Thanks for the help.

concours_greg

Reaction score
Installing an HSW dry kit on my friend's '05. Does it matter where the nozzle is? Does it have to be before the MAF? He is only going to be spraying a 75 shot and has a tune from BBR for it. Thanks for the help.

I don't think you want it spraying on the MAF! Between the MAF and TB.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
under the tube right after the rubber TB elbow is where ours was

Corpo

I
Reaction score
Dry kit's work by fooling the maf sensor into adding the fuel via injectors/stock fuel system. It sprays just nitrous. So you need to put the nozzle between the maf and the air filter.

The maf sensor needs to see that shit going in there or your gonna lean out your engine and boom.

Brn N Rubr

forum member
Reaction score
Perfect. Got it taken care of. Put it in the rubber boot at the aft end of the air filter. Looks perfect. Thanks for the responses.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
FYI, dry kits are a bad idea unless your running a very small shot. Hoping the MAF will compensate for the added nitrous by spraying it before the MAF without a tune for the nitrous specifically is begging for trouble.

Good luck with that.

concours_greg

Reaction score
FYI, dry kits are a bad idea unless your running a very small shot. Hoping the MAF will compensate for the added nitrous by spraying it before the MAF without a tune for the nitrous specifically is begging for trouble.

Good luck with that.

Highly agree with that!

What happens to a cylinder that drops an injector?

chopstix

Nitrous Tech
Reaction score
since the HSW guys didn't seem to jump in here I have a couple quick questions.

Nozzle placement will depend on which version of their dry kit you have.

1) Do you have a standard single nozzle dry? (solenoids, nozzle, lines, etc with no extra electronic control unit?) If so the nozzle will go before the MAF

2) Do you have their dry kit that uses the Interface controller? if so the nozzle will go after the MAF

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back