NOS 02121 kit

M

MattD

I installed this kit in my car over the weekend and I like it. The interior activation switches are pretty trick and the kit works great. The TPS/window switch is really cool that it comes with. There are only a few things that bother me.

The big thing is the jetting sizes, they just don't add up to me. They seem VERY rich. I haven't had the car on a dyno yet to check the a/f ratio. Here are the jet sizes that came with the kit.

50 hp 20 nitrous/16 fuel
75 hp 36 nitrous/30 fuel

I'm used to a 30 fuel jet being above a 100 shot. Anyone else used this and played around with jetting?

Bubbamax

forum member
Reaction score
Hello MattD,
The NOS kit uses the number of HP at the wheels and the jets 36n2o/30fuel is the same combination as the ZEX kit 100 shot.

matt texass

Reaction score
well being a little rich is better than being lean (esp. being on the dope) these cars seem to me to like being just a little bit fat....... but i say get a tune for it

M

MattD

I spoke with a NOS tech yesterday and he recommended going to this setup, 46 nitrous/30 fuel as long as I had installed colder plugs and retarded the timing. I'll probably go with the 87 octane tune with 2-4 degrees timing taken out.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I spoke with a NOS tech yesterday and he recommended going to this setup, 46 nitrous/30 fuel as long as I had installed colder plugs and retarded the timing. I'll probably go with the 87 octane tune with 2-4 degrees timing taken out.

id use the 93 for extra knock and detonation prevention. an ounce of prevention goes a long way and it wont hurt anything

matt texass

Reaction score
+1 for the 93 and good 93 at that none of this grocery store gas

M

MattD

Yup, I would most definitely use 93 octane. Only BP and Shell for my baby.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back