Oil Catch Can/separator

mrgtx

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, guys.
I did some searching but didn't come up with the answer. I hope this isn't a repeat!

How critical is the oil catch can on early 5.4L GT500s?

Which one did you go with?

I have a JLT on my Coyote and it had some quality issues (plastic fittings) but I believe they have revised this since I bought mine...any reason to look at other brands?

Thanks for any tips!
-Mike

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
they are a good thing to have with any boosted application.

mine has a custom Moroso set up

Also not tech..... moved

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
JLT revised their oil separator, so it would actually work as intended, a while ago. Anyone who has the original oil separator should be able to get a free parts update from JLT or purchase the update parts at a minimal cost.

I switched from JLT to a generic oil separator before they revised their separators. Their original design did not keep all the oil caught. A lot of it would simply pass through to your vacuum source (intake manifold or blower inlet). According to reviews, the update works as intended.

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
After tying a few different brands than didn't work for my needs. I had a local speed shop build me a custom one.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
JLT is shit, period. There is way better ones such as Moroso, UPR, and Bob's. Catch fans are a must IMO, no matter if boosted or NA.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4e006e4c.jpg

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
I liked the Bob's that I had on my Coyote over the JLT. Pretty hefty fittings too. Haven't heard anything bad about the Moroso's either.

The JLT I just threw away when I replaced it. I didn't want to wish bad stuff on another person.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
My JLT does work, with the old Ford PCV screen on the inlet side. Didn't work at all with it on the outlet side.

I put off installing a length of 1/4" hydraulic line and a drain valve this year, will do it for next season - I believe if the reservoir is empty (the line fills instead,) that even less oil will pass through.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
+5 on the Bob's. Going to go that route when I buy one for my '16. Wasn't really that impressed with the JLT on my '11.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
On the early JLT's, all you have to do is place a wad of stainless steel scrubbing pad in the reservoir and it works perfectly. Cheap fix.

I run a JLT on my GT500 and a Bob's on my jetski.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back