Nate3

Reaction score
Hello, New here and would REALLY appreciate any help.

I have a 2014 s197, 30k miles original owner. Car is FBO N/A on e85.

I recently took it in to upgrade my OPG/ sprocket. I went with MMR Billet.
Installation went smooth, all good. The next day, get in the car, warm up and after a 20-minute drive, I begin hearing a slight cycling metal sound ONLY at idle. I park the car and hear it mainly from the OPG location and underneath as well. I let the car cool off for 2 hours. Crank it up again and noise is almost gone, but still there. Car warms up again, the noise comes back a bit louder again.

I changed the oil, took it back to the shop, cranked the car up without the belts and noise continued. They opened it up again, tensioners are good, guides are good, nothing is loose, the pump is good. I did notice the slight inner design difference in the MMR gear compared to the stock one, but after talking to MMR, they told me that should be no issue, much less for the noise I'm hearing. They asked me to send it to them regardless for an inspection.

I'm really out of ideas of what the noise could be if everything checks out fine and all i did was change the gears. I took the car in with ZERO noise...

attached are some videos and pictures

IMG_4102.jpg

Wild White Pony

forum member
Reaction score
That doesn't sound right at all, check oil pressure and see if you have any error codes that might have anything to do with Cam positions. If they installed the chains right and timing is correct that little difference in the oil pump may be the case, TSS makes a nice oil pump gear, I've used them without issue.

"but after talking to MMR, they told me that should be no issue" Wouldn't run the car till you fix this issue, it could get expensive.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back