One More #8 Kids!

drewzx3

forum member
Reaction score
Of course 93 tunes are the culprit... it's premium fuel tunes that advance timing enough to where bad gas, heat and incorrect tuning methods can cause issues.

Global timing is just ONE way that a cylinder #8 issue can occur, not the sole cause. Knock sensor calibration, fueling, global advance, all play a part in either keeping this issue from coming up or not protecting against it and leading to damage.

There are tuners out there who have and are still, to this day, sending out NINE degrees global advance and hoping the knock sensors yank it out, and they've only had one or two failures.

Point is, this issue can't be summed up into one value, but the quality of the entire calibration itself. Whether or not there's an underlying issue or not (which there likely could be) does not matter if it can be prevented through tuning practices.
Chris What was the problem with the tune that the car that was running yalls tune?

AMChrisRose

AmericanMuscle.com
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We had a 2 week window where tunes went out with knock sensor modification. We quickly updated everyone that was affected in that date range.

drewzx3

forum member
Reaction score
I still can't decide if I want to throw these parts I have at it yet.

AndrewG27

forum member
Reaction score
I still can't decide if I want to throw these parts I have at it yet.
I was worried a bit too when I put my first tune on and intake, but AM's warranty sure gives me good piece of mind and the car feels sooo much better and I'm only running the 91 performance right now.

drewzx3

forum member
Reaction score
I was worried a bit too when I put my first tune on and intake, but AM's warranty sure gives me good piece of mind and the car feels sooo much better and I'm only running the 91 performance right now.
how long have u been tuned?

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score
I should be having my Boss Short Block installed soon. I have a Steeda 93 tune I bought about 4-5 months ago. I'm thinking of running that tune since they haven't had any failures.

Any recommendations?

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
I should be having my Boss Short Block installed soon. I have a Steeda 93 tune I bought about 4-5 months ago. I'm thinking of running that tune since they haven't had any failures.

Any recommendations?

The Boss shortblock has forged pistons. You shouldn't have any worries with the Steeda tune.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I think that the ring land is part of the piston. Therefore a forged piston will have a forged ring land. If I am wrong someone please step up.

ZLLJ

Reaction score
The entire piston is different. It's not some sort of mutant piston hybrid. ;)

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
I think that the ring land is part of the piston. Therefore a forged piston will have a forged ring land. If I am wrong someone please step up.

Yes, the ring land is part of the piston, so a forged piston will of course have a forged ring land

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
I decided to not read the 12 pages and skip to the end and again state I do not feel the tunes are causing the problems. There is an issue with #8 cylinder pressure and some seem to go and some do not.....hell I know of a handful of these 100% stock with #8 issues.

Ford put a forged rotating assembly into the Boss for good reason

Reaction score
I decided to not read the 12 pages and skip to the end and again state I do not feel the tunes are causing the problems. There is an issue with #8 cylinder pressure and some seem to go and some do not.....hell I know of a handful of these 100% stock with #8 issues.

Ford put a forged rotating assembly into the Boss for good reason

Well, we have conflicting information. There was a member here who works for ford and all cases have been with aftermarket tunes. So please, enlighten us to where you found your information? No one can seem to produce concrete evidence.

Meister

forum member
Reaction score
Well, we have conflicting information. There was a member here who works for ford and all cases have been with aftermarket tunes. So please, enlighten us to where you found your information? No one can seem to produce concrete evidence.
I know a local builder has a few in his hands and the guys at Bama have spoken to some local dealers with stock setups with the issue

Reaction score
I know a local builder has a few in his hands and the guys at Bama have spoken to some local dealers with stock setups with the issue

...................and no definitive answers. Tuners saying its a Ford issue and Ford saying it is a tune issue and always a friend of a friend or a 'know a guy' scenario. If this were a stock problem, why no TSB or recall or even a recognition of a problem? I would think Ford would jump on that with a quickness if stock cars were failing.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score

How would a local builder have these motors? If a motor is warrantied by a Ford dealer thay have to keep that motor or send it back to Ford. If these motors you speak of were covered by warranty there is no way a local builder could have them.

Reaction score
How would a local builder have these motors? If a motor is warrantied by a Ford dealer thay have to keep that motor or send it back to Ford. If these motors you speak of were covered by warranty there is no way a local builder could have them.

No shit...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back