P0601? Wtf? Lol? Fml...

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
My engine has been running like poopoo these last few months and I have not been able to track down the source of the problem.

Just pulled up a P0601 after checking the spark plugs( brown carbon?)
What the hell is it? .pdf says it is Internal Control Module Memory Check Sum Error.

In the last week I have gotten the wrench light 3 different times, all seconds after WOT. NO THROTTLE RESPONSE. Turned car off for few seconds and went away.

Car has been sluggish in entire RPM range and moody under 3k.

Poor gas mileage. 17.5 mpg average with 3.55s. Mostly highway.

Checked TPS and MAF. All connectors and connections fine.

New mods since last tune: EVAP delete, bbk tb, battery relo, coolant tank relo, push button start.

Could be me but I think faint smell of fuel in oil.

I'm about out of ideas. I have emailed BBR about a new tune but have not heard from them. Will try again shortly. Seems to be getting progressively worse. I fail to believe that the TB would be doing this. Ran just fine when it was first installed.

Any thoughts guys?

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
What tune did you re load? Your not running the Gearheads tune are you? I never once had that problem. I never installed that throttle body due to all the horror stories I heard about it. I know that car ran like a scalded dog with the stock TB.

You might want to put it back on the dyno and see what they can do.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
I'm debating about taking it on a road trip to gearheads or murillo here in town. Heard some shakey things about murillos tuning though.

DirtyDeedsInc

forum member
Reaction score
TB. I'll bet you're running a little lean. Mine did that and I changed the tune for more fuel. Only did it after WOT but didn't give that code I don't think. I got throttle stuck open and stuck closed at the track.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
I like how all the Texas boys come to the rescue! haha. I do remember it feeling a little sluggish like something is holding it back a bunch, why not try putting the stock TB back on if you havent got a tune for the other one that is. I have one sitting in my garage if you don't have yours

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
It would be a pretty simple affair to throw the stock TB back on and load a tune for that TB. I would be willing to bet all your issues go away once you get rid of that BBK TB. I too have heard a LOT of horror stories about BBK TB's.

DirtyDeedsInc

forum member
Reaction score
One other thing you might do is the BBK TB fine tuning. I'm on my phone so it's a PitA to link to it but it's on their site. Basically you calibrate the TB so the position feedback signal is correct.

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
That might be it. But for the first 2 months or so with the BBK the car ran fine. I'm probably just gonna get a dyno tune here soon and be done with it. That ought to iron out my drivability issues.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back