PFFSSSCHHHHTTTT! (SoCal LA area Air Ride help meeeee)

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Well I was waiting to make a turn out of a driveway when suddenly....PPFFFSSCCHHHTT! Front right side air bag lost pressure from 100psi to 0psi in half a second...good times when you can't air up one corner of your car.

Long story short, AAA came and we got the car on a jack, was able to jimmy rig it with some radiator seal tape and get it home while giving it more air every couple of minutes.

Anyone in the SoCal (preferably Los Angeles Westside) know where I can get some air suspension fittings? I called AirLift and was hoping to get Jeremy but he is at SEMA. Was told I'd have to pay some $30 or something for the rush shipping for a single fitting--no thank you.

So in a nutshell, I don't feel comfortable driving my car without a new fitting. Looking for some fittings locally in LA but no idea where to start. Thanks!

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Is it a puch lock style air fitting? any truck repair place should have fittings and hose like that.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Hydraulic supply house? Heck, Lowe's and Home Depot have brass compression fittings (plumbing department). I get the couplers to repair my low pressure hydraulic lines on my bucket truck at Lowe's.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
It's gonna be:

UN-1/4” FNPT-1/4” PTC “DOT”

No picture of the fitting handy, but it's in the manual...which I can't link here for some reason (won't let me copy the PDF link).

There are lots of places in SoCal but I happen to live on the Westside, where there isn't much for that stuff...

ejschmidt

forum member
Reaction score
Agreed. This is my biggest fear for installing my airlift.

It is encouraging that it seems a lot of people haven't had the problem, so maybe it's an isolated event?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Did the ptc fitting fail?

Wondering how it could fail in such a way you need a new one

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Plastic part ripped out of brass. Theres no tension on it the way I installed it. Maybe it got snagged or something. I mean it's an easy fix but the part airlift uses is very hard to find in my experience. It's a weird size.

Wish Jeremy had answered the phone but the guy who did was pretty rude to me. Started blaming me before I could even finish explaining the entire situation. No hurt feelings, just glad s197 has Jeremy instead of whoever that was.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
NAPA has that stuff if they carry truck parts

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yea Jeremy is A+ number one
Hope you get a new party quickly. Can't believe the part pulled out like that. I zip tied my stuff pretty solidly so it wouldn't get pulled around and snag on anything.

claudermilk

Reaction score

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Thanks guys, ended up ordering it from amazon of all places. Bought an assortment just in case...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back