Picked up a F90BT. Couple questions

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
No problem. Make sure to look that site over really good. There are some freakin AWESOME things you can modify software-wise on that radio. There's guys doing all sorts of stuff. A couple people are trying to write a program for Windows CE (the underlying os for the F90BT) to read the signals coming from one of those wireless bluetooth OBDII scanners. Kinda like what people are doing with their Iphone for datalogging and realtime sensor displays.

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
Hey Kimmer,

Have you had a chance to load any of the stuff on that forum yet? I cant wait to get back and try some of that stuff out on mine. I especially want to put the KITT voice on mine hehe.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the website Josh, I have this radio in mine too. Once we finish the transmission in our ponderous way, I'll start trying some of these hacks.

habu

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I installed the F700BT in early April and have been running the cmh928 hack/mod. It, for me, is the best of the bunch and importantly the easiest to install. There are others that use specialized launchers and that completely redo the nav OS. Haven't ventured into that yet.

Not the best pics ever.... and I think the latest update is even better than these.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Anyway to do the hack you need an SD card unformatted.

Copy the files from his site, I'll have to find the link.
Un-zip the file downloaded and copy the testmode and MiTaCAP to the root of the SD drive.

On you headunit, with everything shut off, insert the SD card and start the car/power the unit up.
It will take awhile and it will show copying files. Once it's done there will be a green rectangle on the screen. In the far upper corner there will be a 'x' use the stylus or something to click that 'x'.
Turn off the car and remove the SD card.
Power up the car..
It will take a little longer to start up the first time as it's copying everything over.

Caveats
1) Read up on the site on how to backup your system
2) Get a 4GB minimum SD card. Backing up mine was 1.8GB and I have a 2Gb card, I was lucky to be able to back mine up.

Hope that helps.

Should also mention that there is apparently a new version of the firmware that's due out, 3.0, and it might lock down the unit from hacking. Don't know how true that is but it's probably something you should watch out for.

Last edited:

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I haven't done any major mods yet. Hell, I can't even get my car to run right. I did do the bypass and also activated the rear camera all the time along with splitting the backup cam signal so I can record it on a video camera. Thought it would be sweet to get some rear angle shots while pulling away from other cars while racing at the strip.:idea:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I installed the F700BT in early April and have been running the cmh928 hack/mod. It, for me, is the best of the bunch and importantly the easiest to install. There are others that use specialized launchers and that completely redo the nav OS. Haven't ventured into that yet.

Not the best pics ever.... and I think the latest update is even better than these.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

Anyway to do the hack you need an SD card unformatted.

Copy the files from his site, I'll have to find the link.
Un-zip the file downloaded and copy the testmode and MiTaCAP to the root of the SD drive.

On you headunit, with everything shut off, insert the SD card and start the car/power the unit up.
It will take awhile and it will show copying files. Once it's done there will be a green rectangle on the screen. In the far upper corner there will be a 'x' use the stylus or something to click that 'x'.
Turn off the car and remove the SD card.
Power up the car..
It will take a little longer to start up the first time as it's copying everything over.

Caveats
1) Read up on the site on how to backup your system
2) Get a 4GB minimum SD card. Backing up mine was 1.8GB and I have a 2Gb card, I was lucky to be able to back mine up.

Hope that helps.

Should also mention that there is apparently a new version of the firmware that's due out, 3.0, and it might lock down the unit from hacking. Don't know how true that is but it's probably something you should watch out for.

Got links to this site?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back