Pics of the Chiseled reservoir

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
So are you ditching the stock E-force IC tank? Don't need/want it, just curious. I wish someone would come out with a nice replacement tank for these set-ups.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
It doesn't cut the mustard. When I drained the system the first time to run the new lines I don't think it even held 1 gallon worth of coolant. I also don't like having the reservoir in the engine bay soaking up all the heat so that's why I decided to put it in the trunk. Psfracer has an old thread on here and that's where I got the idea from. It's also going to be nice to be able to pack it with ice if/when I want to.

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7925

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
Dyson, got mine today.

Spanish Guy down the street that works primarily with rice burners, does beautiful work. He builds really nice Intakes, Turbo Systems, Turbo Air to Water IC, the whole nine and doesn't speak a bit of english. lol Funny, I had to have a translator go back in forth to tell him what I wanted. Because he was a friend of a friend, I decided to give him a shot.

He has never built one of these tanks before. I showed him the plans and demensions you posted in my thread, he also made an outline of my spare tire cavity in the trunk out of cardboard and a couple of days later, I came home with this.

I like the attachment that he made on the right side port (which goes to the blower). He drilled holes in the IC Tank, made an extended port to keep ice from plugging up the tank.

581304435_photobucket_18267_.jpg

Last edited:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Very cool! (pun intended). What are you going to use for a pump? The tank I have has a built in rule bilge pump and it has a metal screen filter on the bottom of it so ice can't clog it up.

My car is having leaning out issues right now that Lito and I are trying to figure out. I only got 2 runs in at the track today and with no ice, my IAT's only went just above 130 which I'm happy with. We're trying to figure out why my AFR is going into the low 12's now when it was in the mid 11's before. I'm wondering if my boost has gone up alot with the cold air now. The e-force has a sort of boost creep at higher rpms so I'm thinking that it's worse with the dense air. I have to run a wire from my TMAP sensor to my X3 so I can datalog the boost.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
He's trying to make a dual purpose single tank that works as a fuel cell AND cool the supercharger!

Hysteria

0 .· ` ' / ·. 30 psi
Reaction score
Very cool! (pun intended). What are you going to use for a pump? The tank I have has a built in rule bilge pump and it has a metal screen filter on the bottom of it so ice can't clog it up.

My car is having leaning out issues right now that Lito and I are trying to figure out. I only got 2 runs in at the track today and with no ice, my IAT's only went just above 130 which I'm happy with. We're trying to figure out why my AFR is going into the low 12's now when it was in the mid 11's before. I'm wondering if my boost has gone up alot with the cold air now. The e-force has a sort of boost creep at higher rpms so I'm thinking that it's worse with the dense air. I have to run a wire from my TMAP sensor to my X3 so I can datalog the boost.

I'm going to use a Lightning Pump for the moment and see how it works out. Ken and Paul were using a gravity fed Lighting Pump with success. Worst case scenario, I can always switch to a Maziere Pump.

Let me know what you find out with your car. Any improvement in ET? I can't beleive you didn't pack that sucker with ice!

Needs a bigger lid.

I kinda wanted this one, Brian @ Chisled, was telling me that they were having problems with the plastic lids warping or something and that is why I wanted this style top. I know it'll be a pain in the ass to fill the tank with ice.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I would have packed it with ice if I wasn't too lazy to empty the antifreeze out of the system but I had no way to do that and flush it while at the track. My current tires are pretty much shot so I can't 60' which is stopping any new bests. I did run it with ice last tuesday and I didn't get a new best but ran a new high mph at 126.5mph on a 11.338 run. That was with a 1.68 60' so I'm sure the car will be very low 11's if I can cut a low 1.6 60'.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Figured I should add some photos of it installed...not the best having taken the pics with my cell phone at night.....

2010-11-01_18-17-09_37.jpg

2010-11-01_18-17-24_522.jpg

2010-11-01_18-17-39_223.jpg

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
nice!!

Info on specifics on plumbing to and from please.

VERY Nice...

Sorry I never replied to this, I purchased a 50' reel of 3/4" goodyear heater hose from Summit and used around 40' of it! I used a metal hole cutter that is normally used to install door knobs in metal doors to make the holes in the spare tire well. For now I just used some thick walled pool hose to line those holes for the heater hose to pass through. I ran the lines outside of the sub-frame rails under the car, then behind the wheel well liners and through the bottom of the radiator support to get to the intercooler and heat exchanger.

I have it set up so it passes through the intercooler first and then through the heat exchanger and back to the tank so that when I have ice in the tank the water isn't warmed up before getting to the intercooler.

I know I should have taken photos along the way but I'll probably go back to neaten some stuff up and will take photos at that point.

Irishman

Ricer
Reaction score
WOW those are great looking! I might try one with methanol injection to save room in the trunk. I wonder if it would work with the pump under it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back