Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD *Great Price* & Install Help

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
I thought I'd just throw all this in a thread...

First off the good news. While browsing prices I found that Best Buy is selling the Pioneer 4300DVD for $365.98 . Cheaper than Amazon & anywhere else I saw. Pretty awesome. But, the first place I was checking out was SonicElectronix.com. I really wanted to go though them because they're offering some free goodies, free shipping / 50% 2 day shipping / Free wiring harness & install kit. Well saw that they do a price match and shot them an email. They responded and agreed to sell it for $388.71! Cheaper than Best Buy (including tax) and you get the free crap.

So if your in the market for one of these, I'd pick it up! :boobies:

Now for some install questions:

I was searching for some info on how to install the 4300 I'm about to pick up and from what I've gathered so far I need the Metra wiring harness (PAC not necessary?) & 5V reducer. However, I read somewhere that the reducer is now built in somehow to the harness, so no need (even though its like 2 bucks). But what I haven't found a lot of info on is the actual install specifics, and how to bypass the parking brake crap.

Is the actual install simply matching wires color to color and then plugging everything in?

What would you recommend to bypass the parking brake?

Input would be awesome...

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score

O wow, not sure how I missed both of those threads! My only concern about the Cruchfield harness is it says it does not fit my 06 GT w/Shaker 500. But surely it has too. The only reason I was leaning towards something from SonicElectronixs is because it will be free with my order. The Scosche Harness looks identical to the Meta harness I believe others have used.

Shoot I might just try it and if its not right, hell it was free.

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
im pretty sure there the same harness just made by different companies and as long as you have the shaker system you should be fine. anything free is worth a shot at trying

usmcpony

forum member
Reaction score
When installing this do we have to bypass the amplifier? I still want the same sound quality if I purchase this. I have the shaker 500 and I'm happy with the way it sounds.

MOC826

I have a shitty program!
Reaction score
when hooking up any aftermarket head unit, it shouldnt bypass the amplifier. everything should work just like it would from the factory.. it will just sound better

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
On the Shaker 500, the door subs are driven by an amp. You will need to hook up the SUB OUT to the SUB on the Metra harness. I believe you only need to hook up one side. The Shaker 1000 uses both connections.

For the light dimming, tap into the TCS wire for the headlight dimmer. The OEM unit does not work like the old school ones do.

The high end door speakers will hook up to the speaker wires on the radio and to the Metrea harness. Color match and you will be good.

If you are not going to buy the regulator, then you will hear a pop when the radio turns on. Due to the Shaker amp only needing 5v to turn on and not 12v.

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
On the Shaker 500, the door subs are driven by an amp. You will need to hook up the SUB OUT to the SUB on the Metra harness. I believe you only need to hook up one side. The Shaker 1000 uses both connections.

For the light dimming, tap into the TCS wire for the headlight dimmer. The OEM unit does not work like the old school ones do.

The high end door speakers will hook up to the speaker wires on the radio and to the Metrea harness. Color match and you will be good.

If you are not going to buy the regulator, then you will hear a pop when the radio turns on. Due to the Shaker amp only needing 5v to turn on and not 12v.

You will be the guy i need when i can afford a system similar to yours lol

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
Well finally got everything worked out. To my knowledge this is the right stuff.

1. Pioneer CD-IU200V
2. Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
3. Metra 70-5521
4. Scosche FD1426B / FD1426

With there promotions and price matching. I got all this for $403 and free shipping. Not bad if you ask me.

Promotion code for the price match is lp32261x It should be good for 2 weeks. put the price of the HU at $388. I also ordered the bypass stuff on amazon for $8

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score

Thanks! I'll be using this when it comes in

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
What wire does the regulator go on? Is it the blue and white as it is in the article withthe alpine... And with everything else I'm just color matching? I'm about to dive into this

BlackOutUT

forum member
Reaction score
Man thanks for the help... Got this thing in and it's awesome! Makes my factory system sound 10 times better... Now I have some serious rattles to take care of

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back