Post two pics of your car

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you actually run on the street tires and did you drive it this time?

Earl
Hi Earl,

Earl,
last year was me showing Brenspeed appreciation for all their hard work on my Machine.
I have no regrets doing that at all.
But actually I am, Ole-School and prefer to run it the way I drive it.
That is when I personally think you can see what the driver can do.
(Just my opinion)

Yes I raced it just as the picture shows with the exact same DW Continental tires it is driven on the street with.
That picture is me sitting at the Lights getting ready to make a pass.
The difference this year is I changed from the FRPP 4:10 gears to the FRPP 3:73 gears.

I actually tested it in Pierceton, IN. while I was up there last week.
Brent rented a local drag strip and some of the Brenspeed crew went together and tested their Mustangs.
He asked if I wanted to stay a few days longer if he Rented the Track?
I said if you rent the Track I will stay and that will give me an opportunity to make some passes before the NMRA 2012 World Finals.
The fastest I went on that track was 11:76 ET at 121 MPH.
It was very cool outside and as you know Summer tires don't do very good on a cool track or street.
But it did give me an idea of what to expect when I got to Beech Bend in Bowling Green, KY.

1st pass at BG was, 11:65 ET at 127 MPH.

We got to do that 1 practice pass and then the 3-passes back to back.

The last pass was the 11:52 at 123 MPH.

2012NMRATrueStreetbestET.jpg

Not to shabby for street tires and 3:73 gears on 93-octane gas.

I'm satisfied with what it will do.

Terry

Last edited:

dalemllns

SLOMOD
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Alright Guys, we are trying to get COTM back up and running. We are looking at everyone who posts in here for the Honor. DO NOT be modest, you have worked very hard on your ride and I personally want to acknowledge that hard work. There is no trophy, no prize money, no fancy cover shoot, but... you will receive a write up and your own little sticky thread showing off your stang. SO POST UP!

REQUIREMENTS:

Must be willing to have your car featured on the ENTRY page and a sticky thread!

Has to be an S197 (05-+) Chassis

Will require a brief write up of what you have done to get there, should we choose your car. I wanna hear your story... Please do not PM us, just post it up, If it catches our eyes, you will be notified.

But know we are really working hard to get COTM up to date and get some of you recognized for your hard work and beautiful rides...

SO, POST EM UP!!!!!

gizmo5

Italian between my legs
Reaction score
Car info/journey is in my sig/build thread.

8839fe34d7821f02d204cc70be2d1614_zps32da9f1b.jpg

55b60d68e8f47ffcad5170a540e01bcb_zpsdfacde42.jpg

dalemllns

SLOMOD
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gizmo the car looks awesome. But I got a question for you, Why is the sky blue?

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
2006 Mustang GT Premium- Screaming Yellow with Black Lemans Stripes

This car is my FIRST CAR. I saved until I was 23 to purchase this bad boy and let me tell you, it was worth the wait! The list of mods is as follows with no signs of stopping any time soon:

Show : Roush Front Fascia, Roush Chin Spoiler, Roush 9 Bar Billet Grille, 20% Tint, Rear Spoiler Delete, Staggered 18" Black Saleen repilca's, Xpel Dark Smoke Headlight Protection Kit, Smoked Out Tail Lights Rear Blackout Kit, Retro-Solutions 6000k 55w HD/Slim Ballast HID Kit (heads/fogs), SHR Black Gas Cap, SHR Honeycomb Rear Blackout Panel, Paint to match Trim Welt, Black Laser-etched Ford Racing Valve Covers, Shocktower Covers, Radiator Extensions, Redline Hood Struts, IUP, Bullitt Air Vents, Many Chrome Accessories, Lloyd mats, Kenwood DNX5160 Head-unit.

Go :JLT CAI, Kooks LT headers, Dyno Tuned by Terry at Street Lethal Performance, Pypes Pype Bomb Axle-back Exhaust, FRPP 62mm Throttle body, Hawk Performance HPS Brake Pads, DBA Cross-drilled/Slotted Rotors, Steeda HD Strut Mounts, Steeda Sport Lowering Springs, Koni Sport Adjustable Shocks ("Yellows"), BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Billet LCAs w/Relocation Brackets, BMR Adjustable UCA w/Mount, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, Steeda Adjustable Front Sway Bar End-links, Steeda X5 Balljoints, 4.10s, Prothane Bullet engine mounts.

17_zps2ccbace8.jpg

15-3_zpsb4e4d96f.jpg

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
wow!! Nice job!! Love everything you did to your car.. Not over the top either. Very tasteful!
Hows it run? Numbers/times?

Thank you! I appreciate that. No numbers or times yet. Will have numbers after this weekend though!

charba951

forum member
Reaction score
I'll play...
Mods: AED tuned, BOSS IM, AIRAID CF Parnelli Jones Edition, JBA long tube headers 1 7/8, JBA O/R x-pipe w/cutouts, eibach pro springs, J&M panhard bar, 3.31 gears, tinted headlights, fog lights, and taillights, matte black trunk lid panel and taillight bracket. 20" TSW nurburgring wheels.

0AA69ABD-DD6A-4719-A00E-3B2B04C0A5C1-5381-0000059308D5B00E_zps4d56fa39.jpg

8484128286_bc2fbbe2ae_b.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back