Post your motorcycle and your gear!

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
^
Top 2 pics look like some of Roland Sands shit.
If you go that route, should've just bought a crotch rocket.

Wanna hop that bitch up?
Google "RB Racing Exhaust" and checkout their turbo setup for the V-Rod line.

And WTF do you mean "ewww?"
MF...scroll up.
I ride the real McCoy, a Road Glide.
Finest HD built!

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
^
Top 2 pics look like some of Roland Sands shit.
If you go that route, should've just bought a crotch rocket.

Wanna hop that bitch up?
Google "RB Racing Exhaust" and checkout their turbo setup for the V-Rod line.

And WTF do you mean "ewww?"
MF...scroll up.
I ride the real McCoy, a Road Glide.
Finest HD built!

Yea I've been looking at some of the turbo setups. There are a few. Also a centrifugal setup as well. I kinda wanna do a PD though. They're CLEAN on these bikes, without intercoolers and turbos hanging off the sides.

But I'm probably just gonna throw some pipes on it for now and call it a day until I finish with my car. And truck. And garage.

I just don't like the bigger touring bikes. I told myself I wouldn't get anything over 700lbs.

The ew was because I don't know why anyone would do that to a V-Rod. Like if you want that bike, just buy it. The V-Rod is supposed to be a leaner, meaner HD, not a touring bike.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Can't believe I have something in common with you Shep. If you want a good sound go with V&H Black Widows, I have those on my 2014 Night Rod Special. Overall sound and look is top notch! For tuning needs I suggest Fuel Moto. I have their Dynojet Power Vision and their tunes are lifetime regardless of changes you do and they will continuously revise based on your setup, more times same day. Jamie is great people. They do all EFI Harley's and the difference is night and day over stock.

When I go pick my bike up I'll post pictures and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Can't believe I have something in common with you Shep. If you want a good sound go with V&H Black Widows, I have those on my 2014 Night Rod Special. Overall sound and look is top notch! For tuning needs I suggest Fuel Moto. I have their Dynojet Power Vision and their tunes are lifetime regardless of changes you do and they will continuously revise based on your setup, more times same day. Jamie is great people. They do all EFI Harley's and the difference is night and day over stock.

When I go pick my bike up I'll post pictures and sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We may have more in common than you think... You have a Bullitt?

I was looking at getting the V&H Competition series 2 into 1. I know it's gonna be loud which is fine by me. I want those fucking cagers to hear me even when they don't see me.

The HD dealer recommended a tune from them. They do Dyno tunes, which is cool, but if you change anything you have to get a retune.

I've also looked into the Dynojet Powercommander V with the auto tune, but it has mixed reviews.

I'll be sure to check out fuel moto though. They do canned tunes or what?

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
+1 for Fuel Moto
Jamie knows his shit.

See that Dubsy?
You're making friends by not being an assclown.
You & Nick are like PB & J...you just go together.
:asskiss3:

LMAO!

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Of course HD will recommend a dyno tune from them! MONEY!! Price it and look how much they want to charge. If anything they only come close to Fuel Moto (Jamie), and in the end much cheaper and WAAAYY better customer service!! With Jamie you tell him what you have done to the bike now as it sits to get you started, then when you change something contact him again for a revision based on your changes. These aren't just canned tunes, these are well thought out and dyno'ed tunes. That have been proven many times that when put on a dyno as almost damned perfect and not much left there. Look them up, you'll be hard pressed to find anything but positive.

HAD a Bullitt. Loved it but it's gone.

Pig: let's not get carried away here, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before he inserts head into ass!

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Well yea, but their dyno comes with a warranty. That's the big advantage. Cost for the tuner and the dyno through HD is barely more than the cost of a PCV.

Personally I've only had bad experiences with remote tunes that don't reference data logs. Had a buddy with a 300zx get with a company that pretty much said the same thing you did, the "we've dyno'd a car with these exact mods so we'll just send you that! We have great results" line. The tune was absolute shit.

I'm not saying that's the case here. I'm just skeptical, that's all. I'm skeptical of everything lol

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Well yea, but their dyno comes with a warranty. That's the big advantage. Cost for the tuner and the dyno through HD is barely more than the cost of a PCV.

Personally I've only had bad experiences with remote tunes that don't reference data logs. Had a buddy with a 300zx get with a company that pretty much said the same thing you did, the "we've dyno'd a car with these exact mods so we'll just send you that! We have great results" line. The tune was absolute shit.

I'm not saying that's the case here. I'm just skeptical, that's all. I'm skeptical of everything lol

Join a forum called "hdforums.com"
Best HD forum on the web.

Then ask or search about Fuel Moto.

I wouldn't let a HD dealership tuna fish, much less tune my HOG!

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Your bike, do what you want. First person I have seen buy the Jade with gold stripes. I saw it in person, it's different I'll say that. I went with the Sand Camo Denim(Tan) with Black stripes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Join a forum called "hdforums.com"

Best HD forum on the web.

Then ask or search about Fuel Moto.

I wouldn't let a HD dealership tuna fish, much less tune my HOG!

+1 man! 1130cc.com is another good VRod Forum

Brainwashed! These are the same HD techs that gave me COMPLETELY wrong break in procedures and almost caused damage. They won't touch mine again. Let alone they charged $389 for my 1000 mile service!!! All to fucking tighten a fuel bolts and change oil and it took 6 hours

Also I wouldn't go with a PCV, the power vision is a lot more useful, kinda like the SCT X3, and it includes auto tune basic free. For the pro with the O2 sensor you gotta buy that.

Last edited:

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Your bike, do what you want. First person I have seen buy the Jade with gold stripes. I saw it in person, it's different I'll say that. I went with the Sand Camo Denim(Tan) with Black stripes.

The stripes are black on my bike.

+1 man! 1130cc.com is another good VRod Forum

Brainwashed! These are the same HD techs that gave me COMPLETELY wrong break in procedures and almost caused damage. They won't touch mine again. Let alone they charged $389 for my 1000 mile service!!! All to fucking tighten a fuel bolts and change oil and it took 6 hours

Also I wouldn't go with a PCV, the power vision is a lot more useful, kinda like the SCT X3, and it includes auto tune basic free. For the pro with the O2 sensor you gotta buy that.

Already on 1130cc, been looking through some of the threads.

I'm not big on letting dealers or even shops work on anything I own, I'm merely pointing out my options. Having a warranty is nice, but not required.

What break in procedure did they tell you?

Shit, $400 for that service is cheap from what I've seen. Got mine for free though hehehe.

I'd really love to be able to datalog, just so I can actually see what's going on. I've seen bikes that can do it, but it's usually really custom stuff. I would like to have a AFR gauge when I get into modding, though that's a ways off.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
That's right it was black stripes but gold lettering.

They said first 50 miles under 50mph. Then till 500 under 3k rpms. They said it's fine to lug the engine. TOTALLY different than what the manual says, thank god I read it when I got home.

The Dynojet Power Vision will allow all of that. You can leave it hooked up while you ride and witness everything going on and datalog. Then you can turn of auto tune basic if you want to further refine. If you really wanna get refined you can buy the auto tune pro and really dial it in on the ride. Fuel Moto has the best package for the power vision and comes with mounts and visors free, not to mention the tune service that comes with it.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
I'll teach you how to scrape the floorboards on a dresser when you get the 'nads to try.

:beerdrink:

Early one morning before the Honda dealer I was working at opened I took a GoldWing out do try and diagnose a radio reception issue. I took it about 10 min away where there were some twisty roads and just went for a ride. The first time the (I think it was a floorboard) touched down I almost spilled my coffee!!!! It scared the crap out of me!!!:roflmao:

I still can't get over how well those monsters handle.

Last edited:

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Sent Jamie at FuelMoto an email today. We'll see what he comes back with.

I'm REALLY tempted to buy some pipes for it, but I know I should save my money for my car.

Decisions, decisions...

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
I reeeeeaaaaly like this look, though I wouldn't do any chrome and I might do some gloss black instead of all the flat.

vrod1_zps6vbuxugt.png

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Has Jamie responded?

Yea he emailed me back. He recommended the Power Vision as well, so I'm definitely going to do that.

Before any performance mods though, I think I may go about fixing all the shit that's wrong from the factory. I've been reading up on horror stories about the belt drive, engine mounting, etc. All seem to have aftermarket fixes, much like the strut mounts and spark plugs in our cars.

Other than that I think I'm gonna do exhaust, intake, and tuner and leave it at that for awhile.

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Here is a good site for some accessories for you NRS. I went with the black front axle covers (HD doesn't sell them so these are the only black ones you'll find. HD sells the black rear axle nut covers but no fronts for the 12-later VRSCDX). I also went with the radiator screens/grille guards in the matching black. I looked up the price for a new radiator and pieces! WOW! I know stuff off the road flies in there when I put the screens on a lot of pebbles, rocks, and other debris was stuck up in there. Take a look...

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=143

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
Here is a good site for some accessories for you NRS. I went with the black front axle covers (HD doesn't sell them so these are the only black ones you'll find. HD sells the black rear axle nut covers but no fronts for the 12-later VRSCDX). I also went with the radiator screens/grille guards in the matching black. I looked up the price for a new radiator and pieces! WOW! I know stuff off the road flies in there when I put the screens on a lot of pebbles, rocks, and other debris was stuck up in there. Take a look...

http://www.grcustoms.com/shop/index.php?route=product/category&path=143

I've seen some of their stuff. Definitley a site I'll be buying stuff from eventually

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back