ProCharger pcv hose options???

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score
ProCharger requires you to cap off your PCV hose from the crankcase to the intake on the drivers side. Passenger side runs from the crankcase to the intake. I had it set up this way and was getting oil in the head unit. This was mostly happening while under boost (noticed it every time after running at the track). Added a JLT oil separator, same issue. I then went to a breather system which worked fine until I pulled my motor and what a mess. Gunk build up everywhere under the motor.

Has anyone come up with a closed system that doesn't allow oil to be sucked into the intake? Thinking maybe run a closed system and only breathers when at the track. Suggestions?

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Was this build up in the engine or under due to oil residue collecting and catching dirt etc?

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score
Was this build up in the engine or under due to oil residue collecting and catching dirt etc?

Oil residue and catching dirt. I always wiped the motor down but those tough to reach places were caked on.

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
My P1 and D1 did the same thing. Same factory Procharger routing ran through a UPR separator. Would catch oil in the intake/head unit over time. Ditched it and went with S&H filter kit and have been happy.

Last edited:

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Oil residue and catching dirt. I always wiped the motor down but those tough to reach places were caked on.

Roger that. Just making sure. Lol. I understand what your saying now. I have not had this problem but my car is not driven a lot. Have you tried a better seperator like a Bobs? I hear they are better anyways as I have no direct experience.

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score
Roger that. Just making sure. Lol. I understand what your saying now. I have not had this problem but my car is not driven a lot. Have you tried a better seperator like a Bobs? I hear they are better anyways as I have no direct experience.

No haven't tried anything different yet. Looking to see what others have done first. Will look into the Bobs separator as you mentioned. Thanks.

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
No haven't tried anything different yet. Looking to see what others have done first. Will look into the Bobs separator as you mentioned. Thanks.

No prob. Sure someone else will come in with something they have tried.

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
I run a vented catch can on my car but it was easy running the hoses and mounting it against the firewall with my wire tuck and battery relocation.

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
I run a vented catch can on my car but it was easy running the hoses and mounting it against the firewall with my wire tuck and battery relocation.

^this is prob another option that would work great.

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score

Very sweet looking engine bay :thumb: What did you do with the drivers side? Left it capped off? No build up with the vented catch can?

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
I have a vented catch can with both valve covers routed to it. Sadly it sucks when their is moisture or rain because it fills up with water overflows out the breather with the oil. I have mine mounted under headlight

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
I have both valve covers going to the catch can and removed the valve inside the drivers valve cover. Rarely get any oil at the can at all. I should also update my engine bay pic since i ditched the abs module, power steering, and brake booster so it looks a little better now.

Last edited:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I have a vented catch can with both valve covers routed to it. Sadly it sucks when their is moisture or rain because it fills up with water overflows out the breather with the oil. I have mine mounted under headlight

^^This is exactly what I have, and e85 adds a lot of water to the cans too.

jjjferro

forum member
Reaction score

^^This is exactly what I have, and e85 adds a lot of water to the cans too.

No mess from the vented catch can? Any pics? Thanks

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Not the best pics but you can get the idea, I drilled and tapped both valve covers for -8an fittings, then ran the hoses to the breathers behind the PS front bumper.

mustangflanagan

forum member
Reaction score
Pretty much my setup except only one breather catxh can also mounted in same spot except under drivers headlight.those damn things fill up fast with moistur . And push oil out the breather. I dont know if its a engine prob or hoses to the breather catch can prob. When its cold out you can see smoke from the breather.

Just another reason to unload the damn car and get a 15 ugh

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back