Project Break a Boss

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
What's up Billy? You and your son been racing??

Yep, we were really looking forward to Mod Nationals this weekend, but I don't think I can leave work to go.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
So I really haven't beat on it too much in all honesty but I have done a few WOT pulls and man the car is just brutally quick anything north of about 4500. It is tough to really judge where you are in the RPM range because the car would just rev up so quickly so I have to keep an eye on it some times if I want to wind it out.

Since this was the first weekend I have had time with the car I took care of a bunch of small things that needed to be done. I got the Aeroforce Interceptor all hooked up and zip tied the wires out of the way. You can tell you are driving a Ford because of all the Horsepowers you are making :clap:

28717917594_a71494c0d2_b.jpg

Then I went ahead and grabbed the 2013 tail lights and AM plastic bits and threw those on as well. Pulled off the Laguna Seca rear emblem along with the matte black graphic so I can start cutting out the hump for the RTR decklid. I grabbed my Dremel and ended up cutting the hump in half in order to remove it. It was pretty easy work, maybe 30 minutes in total. I ended up using some Rustoleum spray paint on the center section that got cut out to prevent the trunk lid from rusting.

28652847314_2fb2337755_b.jpg

Here it is all done.

29275693355_9d88c886be_b.jpg

I ended up washing the car and started the process for Polish Angel. The paint is in pretty rough shape with scratches and rockchips everywhere on the car and an Angry bird drop kicked my rear bumper so eventually I will have to repaint it anyway. That being said the car looks pretty good after a quick wash.

29275845815_be26d09b49_b.jpg

28654808073_dfdedf3ef7_b.jpg

I was only able to compound the car before I ran out of shade so I ended up throwing my new wheels on. You can see where the angry bird drop kicked the rear bumper.

29215885881_44e03f5d98_b.jpg

29186372952_9b52882283_b.jpg

The wheels fit amazingly and are flush with the fenders so I am excited to put some tires on the car. The wheels themselves are 19x10 F & 19x11 R so I am thinking about 295/30/19 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires in the front and a 315/30/19 tire in the rear. I only have about 5/16" clearance between the lip of the wheel and the rear wheel well in the back so a small spacer will probably be required for the rear wheel in order to work properly.

Some after pictures of the Polish Angel

29057431300_e05e0dba82_b.jpg

29311171726_e1815af0b8_b.jpg

28724107973_7dfe02b4e7_b.jpg

One of my favorite pictures

29197114991_6782bef950_b.jpg

I also managed to tear off the side pipes today so I will have to have someone weld the floor plan back on and I am going to be putting the stock sidepipes back on the car. What a royal pain in the ass.

28721600614_f6e516fc3a_b.jpg

Dem Quads doe!! Gonna look good with your Leguna Seca STICKERZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!
:whistle1:
:homoswitch:
:gayflag:

Congrats on getting it running!! Lol

Dat polish angel on the rear quarter though *****

28715813553_dc1a2693e8_b.jpg

29275954625_2cf25510a5_b.jpg

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looking good. I would so like a nice splitter, but I know I would tear it off in no time.

travelers

Reaction score
The car look great. Can I drop mine off for a wash and polish?...... I do like the new wheels, calms down the red on the car. It's hard to fine a spot you can jump on the car that is fairly safe from other drivers and the ones with the lights on the roof.....

TRC51

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great... definitely wanting to see those wheels installed in all their glory!

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I am stoked to get the wheels on the car! I don't think it will happen until winter though since the tires are going to be about $2,000. +/-

The car look great. Can I drop mine off for a wash and polish?...... I do like the new wheels, calms down the red on the car. It's hard to fine a spot you can jump on the car that is fairly safe from other drivers and the ones with the lights on the roof.....

I'm never detailing a car again!! That shit sucked and I still didn't get the paint to perfect condition. Especially around here where all the windy roads end up leading to little towns so you can't really go through them that fast and the state troopers and county cops have upped their presence on the highways recently.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
The new wheels are going to look siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick on your ride, both because they're awesome to begin with and the LS wheels were a tad too much for me. Going to be some awesome Taconic cruises in your future

BMR Tech 2

Kelly's Replacement Lackey
Reaction score
Take the quads off, gib them to me!

Those wheels look great, Sean. Hurry and get them on the car. You've already spent so much, what's another $2K?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
The new wheels are going to look siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick on your ride, both because they're awesome to begin with and the LS wheels were a tad too much for me. Going to be some awesome Taconic cruises in your future

Without a doubt!! That is a nice cruise up the Taconic with some beautiful scenery!

Take the quads off, gib them to me!

Those wheels look great, Sean. Hurry and get them on the car. You've already spent so much, what's another $2K?

If you want them I will trade you for a set of handling springs hahaha

28723661363_9bd8b48e54_b.jpg

This got just a wee bit messed up though. I need to save the moneys for tires first and since this is a family business I'm like slave labor lol.

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Slave labor for now. Wait until you buy in, then you will be king. I'll help!!

September and October will be great cruising months. That beast will be rolling !!

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Without a doubt!! That is a nice cruise up the Taconic with some beautiful scenery!

If you want them I will trade you for a set of handling springs hahaha

This got just a wee bit messed up though. I need to save the moneys for tires first and since this is a family business I'm like slave labor lol.

Just remember the storm drains are inside the lanes and some are really sunken

WTF did you catch the exhaust on?! Looks like a tree stump haha

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Just remember the storm drains are inside the lanes and some are really sunken

WTF did you catch the exhaust on?! Looks like a tree stump haha

You can say that again! I hit one on the Saw Mill yesterday and my exhaust fell out again. I'm going to need some exhaust springs and have them welded onto the OTA pipes I think.

I will have to try and take a picture of it, but it is this little concrete piece that used to have a sign in it I think.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
You can say that again! I hit one on the Saw Mill yesterday and my exhaust fell out again. I'm going to need some exhaust springs and have them welded onto the OTA pipes I think.

I will have to try and take a picture of it, but it is this little concrete piece that used to have a sign in it I think.

Ouch, I tore chunk out of sidewall on old wheel setup from a cobblestone curb that one stone was sticking out. Taconic wise, I hit one with my old Ranger and it punched the upper shock bushing right out, uncontrolled sprung wheel with shaft rattling around is sure as hell a pucker moment

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I bought the wheelrite, but it won't work for me as there is not enough backspacing. The backdpacking only goes to 5" and I need like 8" for the rear tire and 6 and chang for the fronts so I will have to try and make something to fit. I did grab a 315/30/19 Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tire and will see if I can figure a way of putting the tire on the car without mounting it to a wheel. I will probably take a piece wood and create something that will work with the tool.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I watched a video for that wheel rite thing, it looked like a clusterfuck

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back