Pypes Pype Bomb or SSS Terminator

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I need to get a new axle back and I've been looking at these two. I've been running a Flowmaster for 6 years and that finally rusted off. I like the Stainless Steel of both these, sound clips are comparable. I'm not really familiar with the SSS though. Did some searches and not a lot of posts on the SSS aside from selling. I think I do like the idea of the Pypes 4" tip vs. the Terminator 3.5". Seems like the Pype Bomb sticks out a little further than I'd like it though, at least based on pictures.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I've got a set of Pypes on mine an they do stick out a ways which is my personal preference. I love the sound. No drone on the highway and when you get on it, it's pretty loud. Not obnoxious loud, but good loud. Supposedly, a Bullitt's exhaust if slightly different than a regular GTs so YMMV.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I've got a set of Pypes on mine an they do stick out a ways which is my personal preference. I love the sound. No drone on the highway and when you get on it, it's pretty loud. Not obnoxious loud, but good loud. Supposedly, a Bullitt's exhaust if slightly different than a regular GTs so YMMV.

Hmm. I like that my flowmasters don't stick out too far. Not sure how far the SSS might stick out. I think I definitely want something that is stainless steel this time though.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I had SSS on my 07 GT/CS. I can't recall if I had the Terminators or the Adrenaline, though.

Either way, I thought they were a great axle back for the money, but I recall that they did drone a good bit at highway speeds.

Anything is going to be better than Flowmasters! I saw the post (at least I believe it was you) where they had rusted out.

FWIW, I really like the sound of Magnaflows on a 3V. Have you thought about them?

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I had SSS on my 07 GT/CS. I can't recall if I had the Terminators or the Adrenaline, though.

Either way, I thought they were a great axle back for the money, but I recall that they did drone a good bit at highway speeds.

Anything is going to be better than Flowmasters! I saw the post (at least I believe it was you) where they had rusted out.

FWIW, I really like the sound of Magnaflows on a 3V. Have you thought about them?

Yeah, that pic of the rusted flow masters was me. Not only did the muffler rust but all of the internals. I'll take a look at the magnaflows. I really haven't made a decision. Drone doesn't bother me so much since I have pretty bad tinnitus so my hearing sucks anyways.

eicht

forum member
Reaction score
I had the SSS Terminators on my 2010. Sound was great with no drone. Zero fitment problems on the install.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score

I hate the way my magnaflows sound currently. They are way too quiet. I think it's the magnaflow tips that are hushing the mufflers further. The tips are baffled like they are another muffler besides the mufflers themselves. I'm going to try cutting them off and welding on a set of wedge cut tips. Pisses me off because my friends '03 cobra runs the same exact magnaflow muffler I'm running, but his car has a really nice deep idle and screams at WOT. My car sounds less than stock at idle, in fact there's barely an exhaust note. At WOT they have a nice ring but nowhere near the volume. I'm about to throw these magnaflows in the dumpster and put my Pypes M80 MMS back on. They drone a bit in the mid range but they sound awesome at idle/WOT.

The S197 rear muffler design makes me want to puke and stab the engineer that made the design right in the throat. He killed the signature exhaust note of the 4.6, IMHO.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I have had 5 or 6 different setups on my car. SSS adrenelene were one of them. They are so worth it. IMO borla s types and SSS are the best sounding axlebacks I have heard on a s197. I tried flowmasters, magnaflow magnapacks, and several others. Get the SSS over the pypes for sure.

I gave my SSS to my buddy. Here they are with an offroad H pipe. Video doesnt do them justice. They are very deep and very similar to the Borla s types.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8GLZHwY3lc

Last edited:

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
I got lucky and found a set of SSS on craigslist for 100 bucks. Not sure is its the terminator, though. Really like how the sound. Pretty loud for someone that doesnt like the noise. Here's a clip. Keep in mind I have long tubes and off road H

https://youtu.be/d5aWUMc-4VU

Last edited:

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I have had 5 or 6 different setups on my car. SSS adrenelene were one of them. They are so worth it. IMO borla s types and SSS are the best sounding axlebacks I have heard on a s197. I tried flowmasters, magnaflow magnapacks, and several others. Get the SSS over the pypes for sure.

I gave my SSS to my buddy. Here they are with an offroad H pipe. Video doesnt do them justice. They are very deep and very similar to the Borla s types.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8GLZHwY3lc

Fuck that sounds nice.

I got lucky and found a set of SSS on craigslist for 100 bucks. Not sure is its the terminator, though. Really like how the sound. Pretty loud for someone that doesnt like the noise. Here's a clip. Keep in mind I have long tubes and off road H

https://youtu.be/d5aWUMc-4VU

That sounds pretty good. Tips stay back fairly well too.

Think I may have to go with the SSS then.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do the Magnaflow Competition mufflers drone on the 3V? I had those on my Coyote, and you couldn't drive on the highway for more than 10 minutes without getting a headache, they droned so bad. Finally had to get rid of them.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back