Question about Ford racing 62 mm throttlebody install

91mini

Reaction score
I am going to do Hot rod cam, Ford racing intake and Ford racing 62 mm throttlebody install this weekend. I am very mechanical and do most work on my car myself but I have never messed with the internals before so wish me luck on that.

My question is, do I have to check the voltage on the stock throttlebody and then match it to the 62 mm throttlebody when installed or is it just plug-and-play? The reason I asked is because every BBK TB video that I’ve watched they’ve checked the voltage but when I watch Ford racing throttle bodies no one ever mentions it and just installs it and I want to make sure I’m doing this correctly.

Doug Huggard

Reaction score
The ford racing throttle body is just plug and play. They are setup already with TPS voltage within ford spec. You have to swap all your electronics over to the BBK version, that's why you need to set TPS on those. Frpp come complete so no need :)

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can check it to do a before and after just to see. Should be close and already setup with the new electronics like mentioned. Doesn't hurt to verify.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
1. Don’t try to adjust the TPS using the TPS stop screw on the FRPP 62mm TB....it is sealed & you’ll lose warranty on it if you break it.
2. As has been mentioned, I’d record the stock KOEO TPS voltage prior install then again after FRPP 62mm install to see what the KOEO TPS voltage difference is to determine if an issue may arise. Yes the FRPP unit is preset....usually between 1.19v-1.21v but the range in the tune to initially match the stock TB’s TPS set can be as low as 1.16v (where mine is) to as high as 1.23v. Since the difference between my stocker & my FRPP 62mm (was 1.19v) was only .03v my PCM easily reset itself to this when I cleared the KAM to allow the PCM to relearn the idle thus I had no control/operational issues from my FRPP 62mm TB....operated just like the stock TB but if the voltage difference is larger than this you might experience some control issues in which you may need a tune adjustment to correct it so it’s a good practice to verify the actual KOEO TPS voltage differences prior.

Hope this helps.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
If you do mess with the TPS, make damned sure you use the SAME DVM for any before and after measurements.....esp if installing a BBK twin 62mm TB. The BBK twin 62mm is cheap, simply cuz the internal guts and TPS is removed from your oem twin 55mm TB... and re-installed into the BBK TB. That's why BBK sez to do the before and after TPS measurements.

Rick Simons

Reaction score
Just curious; how many hp is the TB worth when installed with the FRPP intake and cams? Wondering If I should get one.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
The TB will only be worth maybe 3-4hp but since it'll also slightly reduce the midrange torque loss associated with the Ford Performance intake manifold, it's worth installing both in combination.
Expect a peak to peak gain of 35-40rwhp when installing the package of 62mm TB, intake manifold, and Hot Rod cams. However the trade off will be a loss of torque below ~5000rpm.
If you don't already have 4.10 axle gears, consider doing them if you decide to proceed with the aforementioned upgrades. Don't forget to get a retune from Lito to adjust for the changed parameters.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back