quick question! factory MAF sensor screw size?

Jwood562

Reaction score
Hey, due to CA smog laws changing where they now check for tunes, I need to put the car back to stock completely. my roush intake has a carb sticker, but requires a tune, but since it cant have a tune, intake needs to go back to factory just to smog it.

anyways putting the factory airbox back in and the screws that hold the MAF into the roush do not thread into the factory box.

anyone know the factory MAF sensor screw size?

Miker

Reaction score
I don't know but if the CAI actually does have a carb sticker Why not leave it on and install the factory tune? Seems like it would still run well enough as most of the tune for it would be in the upper rpms. I doubt the smog shop would rev it up that high if your worried about damaging anything. They don't even put a sniffer up the exhaust anymore from what I understand. But I get the concern. I would hate for it to fail but from everything I have read they just look for visible changes like PCV mods (catch cans), exhaust changes before the cats, and such. They plug into the OBD port and compare your tune to factory and that's it. Have you tried to see how it runs with the stock tune with the Roush CAI installed?

Jwood562

Reaction score
I have not ran it on the stock tune and the roush intake.

My only concern is that the intake required a tune upon installation. so just worried about it running correctly. I am planning on driving it for a good few miles to let everything "reset" back to stock. not sure if its true, but many people suggest driving a few miles to let everything reset/re-learn again

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Hey, due to CA smog laws changing where they now check for tunes
They don't even put a sniffer up the exhaust anymore

Two examples of extreme stupidity in a state where the lawmakers have apparently gone stark raving mad!
An aftermarket tune could actually make the engine burn cleaner and maintain readiness of all emissions-related sensors but oh no no no, that's not allowed because the dumbass smog Nazis don't even bother to check tailpipe emissions!

Jwood562

Reaction score
Two examples of extreme stupidity in a state where the lawmakers have apparently gone stark raving mad!
An aftermarket tune could actually make the engine burn cleaner and maintain readiness of all emissions-related sensors but oh no no no, that's not allowed because the dumbass smog Nazis don't even bother to check tailpipe emissions!

Preaching to the choir brother. you used to be able to mod the car and most shops would not care about non carb approved parts as long as it would pass the sniffer test

07 Boss

Reaction score
If the CAI has a CARB # the corresponding tune should also have a CARB #. If I remember correctly the Roush CAI is a rebranded Airaid CAI. Without the insert it is like a 100 mm intake and the car will not run very well with a stock tune. Why not get the insert and throw it in there with the stock tune and you should not have an issue with passing smog?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
If I remember correctly the Roush CAI is a rebranded Airaid CAI. Without the insert it is like a 100 mm intake
You're correct about the Airaid MXP being a rebranded Rough CAI (it could be vice versa but who cares?), but it's actually 4.25" (108mm) without the insert.

Samos3

Reaction score
I would suspect the vast majority of shops would rather not mess with tailpipe sniffers. Or customers with aftermarket parts and tunes that may or may not generate headaches....and unbillable time. For every person that does it right, there's a hundred that halfass it.

Jwood562

Reaction score
If the CAI has a CARB # the corresponding tune should also have a CARB #. If I remember correctly the Roush CAI is a rebranded Airaid CAI. Without the insert it is like a 100 mm intake and the car will not run very well with a stock tune. Why not get the insert and throw it in there with the stock tune and you should not have an issue with passing smog?

That was the original option, except I don't have the insert.

So thats why I didnt want to run the stock tune with the roush intake.

Problem was solved, I didnt find the correct screws for the MAF but I installed a couple 8-32 nut inserts for a total of $3.79 and called it a day. So now my stock airbox and Roush use the same hardware for the MAF.

got the stock tune back in and its running good.

john knox

Reaction score
here info your looking 4, m4x0.7 x 18 length, that for stock intake for ford 2006 mustang gt 4.6
IMG_0517.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back