raxiom vector taillight circuit board help issue.

Joel W Bergma

Reaction score
Fl2FGj
https://freeimage.host/i/Fl2FGj can i fix this whatss wrong with it? its from a raxiom vector taillight. I believe it's the relay board

I have basic soldering kit.

lenko

Reaction score
What does your light do? Is it completely inoperable. Mine went totally black, so I took that same little board out and found one diode was up 45 degrees so I soldered it down and it worked for a couple of months and then stopped working again. I took the board out and the same diode was up 45 degrees on the other end. I got 10 diodes S1GFSCT-ND, (Diode Gen Purposes 400V 1A SMA) from Digikey. That was a couple of bucks plus shipping and replaced that diode and it's now working great. I have the Vector white diffusers. I live in Canada and the diodes came in the next day from Thief Falls, Minn. by noon. Couldn't believe the quick shipping. It's the diode near the bottom of the card. I would certainly look at the diodes.

IMG_20200930_122952.jpg

Scan.jpg

Last edited:

lenko

Reaction score
Here's the first time I soldered it and then it blew a month or two later. Obviously something was wrong with the diode because it blew on the other end. That's why I replaced it. It took a bit to wick the solder off the contact points and reattach both ends, but now it works. Raxiom on facebook suggested I email Raxiom.com and I did that about a month ago, but all I've heard is crickets. $ 450.00 US is almost $ 600.00 C for these lights. You would think they want to have a good reputation and have satisfied customers. Good thing I was about to find problem myself.

IMG_20200820_115036.jpg

Last edited:

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Crappy cheap ass raxiom lights. AM inhouse brand. They pay next to nothing for those lights and sell it at a HUGE profit. Just an FYI. Totally under designed to last a few days past warranty period.
I would love to swap out my lights to the next gen style ligths, but the only option is AM/Raxiom.. fuck that.

Alexisirick74

Reaction score
I bought some vector v2 taillights from American muscle and have had them on the car about 2 years now. I think my module finally failed. The middle bar will not light up as bright anymore. It’s so dim it’s almost not lighting up. The inside and outside bars are still very bright. I been trying to see if I can take it apart to fix it but it seems it's a sealed unit. Frustrates me that I was not able to get a warranty for these, they were around $400! If anyone has any tips or advice please let me know! It's the right passenger side taillight. Driver side still works okay. I checked wiring and everything is stuff connected. I pulled connector apart and it looks good too, threw in some electrical connector grease. And taillight does not have any damage to outside. I have experience with soldering, curcuit boards, wiring, and more! Just want it fixed. AM said there is not warranty for this item so they cannot help.

IMG_4550.jpeg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back