raxiom vector taillight circuit board help issue.

Discussion in '2005+ Mustang GT 4.6L Tech' started by Joel W Bergma, Nov 19, 2020 at 7:39 PM.

1. Joel W Bergma

Joel W Bergma Junior Member

[​IMG] https://freeimage.host/i/Fl2FGj can i fix this whatss wrong with it? its from a raxiom vector taillight. I believe it's the relay board

I have basic soldering kit.

2. lenko

lenko Junior Member

What does your light do? Is it completely inoperable. Mine went totally black, so I took that same little board out and found one diode was up 45 degrees so I soldered it down and it worked for a couple of months and then stopped working again. I took the board out and the same diode was up 45 degrees on the other end. I got 10 diodes S1GFSCT-ND, (Diode Gen Purposes 400V 1A SMA) from Digikey. That was a couple of bucks plus shipping and replaced that diode and it's now working great. I have the Vector white diffusers. I live in Canada and the diodes came in the next day from Thief Falls, Minn. by noon. Couldn't believe the quick shipping. It's the diode near the bottom of the card. I would certainly look at the diodes.

IMG_20200930_122952.jpg

Scan.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020 at 9:43 PM
    ShelbySteve likes this.
  3. lenko

lenko Junior Member

Here's the first time I soldered it and then it blew a month or two later. Obviously something was wrong with the diode because it blew on the other end. That's why I replaced it. It took a bit to wick the solder off the contact points and reattach both ends, but now it works. Raxiom on facebook suggested I email Raxiom.com and I did that about a month ago, but all I've heard is crickets. $ 450.00 US is almost $ 600.00 C for these lights. You would think they want to have a good reputation and have satisfied customers. Good thing I was about to find problem myself.

IMG_20200820_115036.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2020 at 2:13 PM
  4. Juice

Juice forum member

Crappy cheap ass raxiom lights. AM inhouse brand. They pay next to nothing for those lights and sell it at a HUGE profit. Just an FYI. Totally under designed to last a few days past warranty period.
    I would love to swap out my lights to the next gen style ligths, but the only option is AM/Raxiom.. fuck that.

ShelbySteve likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.