Recommend a new stereo or add-on? 2006 GT

N2STC

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I have an 06 GT with a shaker 500 system. The sound is great. Over the winter I put a Pioneer system in my CRV. It does apple car play etc and also sounds great. I am going to miss being able to play the phone audio in the GT. Any recommendations? I don't necessarily need all of the features, just a way to play the audio. Not opposed to total replacement either, just not sure how the interfacing would work with that my system. Stan

FredB66

Reaction score
I installed a Sony XAV-AX5000 a few months ago. It was reasonably priced and I'm very happy with it. I see your looking at Crutchfield. I got mine from them as well. The install kit and harness worked perfectly. Top notch customer service too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

LDC2335

Reaction score
After having android auto/car play, cant live without it now. I did a idatalink maestro and a pioneer NEX receiver. Really woke up the mach system. I hated the sync/mach system. I know we have differnt years, but similar tech exist for all.
C2UHWdHWDVBs7SYW8

Screenshot_20191216-110839_Gallery (1).jpg

Last edited:

N2STC

Reaction score
Getting ready to actually do it. Anyone else have any input?

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
I've had the Pioneer AVH 4400 NEX for a couple years now, it's a great system, no complaints. The touch screen is responsive, really never has much lag, and Android Auto works great. Can't speak to the sound quality of the internal amp because I use an external 5 channel one

N2STC

Reaction score
Thanks! The shaker 500 has great sound quality IMO. Just wondering how a good after-market one would compare. Since I'm satisfied with the OEM, I guess I'll just buy an interface.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
You'll see a big difference in sound quality with an aftermarket unit, IMHO. To me the Shaker always sounded a little muddy. I have an older Pioneer (FH-8000BT circa 2008) in my Mustang which is using the built in amplifier (that 4400 NEX I was talking about above is in my truck), and there was a big jump in clarity and bass. With an aftermarket deck you can configure the sound much more (the newer units can even set up time delay so the sound from each speaker gets your ears at the same time so you get better staging). If you get the aftermarket deck, I'd recommend you get aftermarket speakers though. Factory speakers are cheaply made and the factory deck is designed not to wreck them. An aftermarket deck isn't, so if you put too much treble or too much bass through factory speakers you can blow them out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back