S197 Drift Car Build...

Brian W.

forum member
Reaction score
Well. ive sold the chassis to a friend of mine. While i wont be finishing it for myself i might be getting the opportunity to finish it for him with all different parts. I will be sure to make a build thread for it on here to share with you all. Thanks for all the great comments along the way. It was fun to build this far and i learned a good amount while donig it so its never a loss in that sense.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
=( man that really stinks to have to sell such a badass setup!! You put countless hours of hard work and money into that thing! Economy sucks bro, sorry to hear it went..

krang00

forum member
Reaction score
Also wanted to show off the steering angle from these ASDMotorsports.com steering knuckles. Its pretty nuts!!! the tire is actually hitting the control arm right now so ill have to space out the wheels(borrowed wheels on the car right now), but i think the rack will run out of travel any way. Pretty impressive stuff and i HIGHLY suggest anyone that drifts an S197 Mustang gets a set of these! You can also see the custom tie rod ends we made with some heims and bolts and stuff, nothing special....

36900_1504704980693_1326314956_1294177_2086039_n.jpg

Just came across this thread and WOW, what a huge help! I just garaged my S197 for the winter upgrade process; next year will be my 3rd season of drifting. Nothing official, just a bunch of events with ClubLoose out of NJ, D-UP! in NY, and some local stuff to me here in Eastern PA.

I'm putting together my list of upgrades for next year and I'm finally at the point where I need more angle out of the front steering. Those spindles are AWESOME! Did you send them to ASD for modification? Do you know if they were cut and rewelded or just drilled for a new mount and reinforced?

Awesome build by the way, I'm super jealous! Working on sponsorship for next year so I can do a bunch more.

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
Just came across this thread and WOW, what a huge help! I just garaged my S197 for the winter upgrade process; next year will be my 3rd season of drifting. Nothing official, just a bunch of events with ClubLoose out of NJ, D-UP! in NY, and some local stuff to me here in Eastern PA.

I'm putting together my list of upgrades for next year and I'm finally at the point where I need more angle out of the front steering. Those spindles are AWESOME! Did you send them to ASD for modification? Do you know if they were cut and rewelded or just drilled for a new mount and reinforced?

Awesome build by the way, I'm super jealous! Working on sponsorship for next year so I can do a bunch more.

+1

Angle needed

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
YAY for other s197 drifters!!! I will be picking up a set of spindles from ASD in the near future.

ASD don't do them for regular people :(

service is no more.

Chelsea Denofa does them if anyone is interested

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
Come on Anthony, I'm not regular people :naughty1:

...that being said, I hope I can still get them. ....maybe it was a liability thing.

Thats what I mean us regular people... not including you - ASD MOB Squad

dcjones

forum member
Reaction score
I tried to find a write up but it looks like the sites are no longer there.

It's real simple.
Get under the front of the car.
You will see the rubber boot that is protecting the inner tie rod.
Remove it.
You will see a plastic spacer on the steering rack. It will make sense when you see it.
I cut mine off with a pair of snips. Reinstall the boot.
I used a zip tie to secure it.

You will need to make sure that you don't have any tire/wheel interference (ie inner fender well or lower control arm.

I am running a 18X9 with an offset of +30 combined with a 1/2" spacer so it's really a +17

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
I tried to find a write up but it looks like the sites are no longer there.

It's real simple.
Get under the front of the car.
You will see the rubber boot that is protecting the inner tie rod.
Remove it.
You will see a plastic spacer on the steering rack. It will make sense when you see it.
I cut mine off with a pair of snips. Reinstall the boot.
I used a zip tie to secure it.

You will need to make sure that you don't have any tire/wheel interference (ie inner fender well or lower control arm.

I am running a 18X9 with an offset of +30 combined with a 1/2" spacer so it's really a +17

You da Man

Thank You.

danbev07

Road Course Junkie
Reaction score
it was my understanding v6 racks don't come with these limiters.

i've never looked for myself, but I remember a while back reading into issues v6 guys had when running more aggressive rim widths. iirc, their solution was to add the rack limiters found on stock gt's.

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
it was my understanding v6 racks don't come with these limiters.

i've never looked for myself, but I remember a while back reading into issues v6 guys had when running more aggressive rim widths. their solution was to add the rack limiters found on stock gt's.

Interesting

I will let you know how it goes

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back