S650 REVEAL

BlueTrk06

Reaction score
The WORST Mustang design ever! If you want an electric car dash then buy a boring electric car. This is supposed to be a performance car for enthusiasts- not gamers.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
SIGH...........Nope....FUGLIER THAN S550! And with this release sneak peak I still will never own a post 2014 Ford Mustang again. The Ford people continue to find new ways to screw up what was once a perfectly awesome wet dream.

Kev555

Reaction score
Sometimes I'm a little short sighted, how does this benefit the "reimagined driving experience?" I could see an augmented reality night vision GPS combination.

Im reading more into the quality of the graphics display and running smoothness Flusher. Dont get me wrong i dont like the ipad dash before ive even seen it in the flesh or know its contents or versatility. Not what i want in a Mustang interior

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
IOW, it's ill conceived, not engineered. IMO it looks plane silly.

At night, all those ipad displays are gonna screw up your night vision, unless they are turned way down in brightness. Now if you could park somewhere and watch NETFLIX on em, that would be their only function in life. What's next, put one right across the leading edge of the headliner ? It's a car, not NASA space control, or a nuke power plant master control room.

Laga

Reaction score
“All isn’t lost, though, as Ford says it’s open to working with tuners on the S650 and that it’s also open to “offering performance enhancements or tunes” for the Ecoboost engine and 5.0-liter Coyote V8. Some may see this as Ford clamping down on the aftermarket industry to ensure that they get all that sweet tuning money for themselves. “

https://jalopnik.com/its-going-to-suck-for-third-party-tuners-and-the-s650-f-1849648139/amp

Ford is squeezing out the small independent tuner ( like Lito ) in favor of major tuners who can afford a large licensing fee. Like Steeda, Roush.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
“All isn’t lost, though, as Ford says it’s open to working with tuners on the S650 and that it’s also open to “offering performance enhancements or tunes” for the Ecoboost engine and 5.0-liter Coyote V8. Some may see this as Ford clamping down on the aftermarket industry to ensure that they get all that sweet tuning money for themselves. “
https://jalopnik.com/its-going-to-suck-for-third-party-tuners-and-the-s650-f-1849648139/amp

Ford is squeezing out the small independent tuner ( like Lito ) in favor of major tuners who can afford a large licensing fee. Like Steeda, Roush.
Lito only tunes up to 2010. But we get your point.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Get with the program or hit the road! I feel like Lito is nearing retirement and that he'll be great at something like tending a herd of goats or gardening. Low stress. No emails at all, ever. Once a week a bath in the trough. Rum ration.

As for the new car, I know the displays will dim down sufficiently at night and the car will be a blast to drive and sound a little bit European. What's changed for me is I'm no longer into cars or driving very much at all! I never was... so if I can't take a car completely apart and "fix" it, build it into something different, what is the point? There's now layer on layer of barriers (DI, the tuning thing, more complexity overall, and much higher point of entry/cost.)

Just me, I'm buying a pile of tubing, a bender, a MIG welder, donor ATV's and motorcycle engines. Going electric on some projects, too.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Effectively what will happen is.... the only place to buy a bigger TB, or LT's, or a PD blower, or a 91/93 tune, or E85 tune, bigger fuel pump etc, etc, will be Ford Motor company....complete with THEIR mating proprietary software. They will effectively wipe out the aftermarket for any eng / exhaust mods, and /or software for an automatic transmission. The aftermarket tuning business will come to a crashing demise.... at least on the S650 and going forward.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Get with the program or hit the road! I feel like Lito is nearing retirement and that he'll be great at something like tending a herd of goats or gardening. Low stress. No emails at all, ever. Once a week a bath in the trough. Rum ration.

As for the new car, I know the displays will dim down sufficiently at night and the car will be a blast to drive and sound a little bit European. What's changed for me is I'm no longer into cars or driving very much at all! I never was... so if I can't take a car completely apart and "fix" it, build it into something different, what is the point? There's now layer on layer of barriers (DI, the tuning thing, more complexity overall, and much higher point of entry/cost.)

Just me, I'm buying a pile of tubing, a bender, a MIG welder, donor ATV's and motorcycle engines. Going electric on some projects, too.

You might just need counselling. I'm recommending 500 mg of Prozac...every 4 hrs. You need to relax. Watch some NETFLIX..... like the 10 part series on Jeffrey Dahmer. It's excellent family entertainment.

07 Boss

Reaction score
There's now layer on layer of barriers (DI, the tuning thing, more complexity overall, and much higher point of entry/cost.)

That is why the current project I'm working on is a 2nd Gen F-Body. Old school big block and nitrous. I will go with fuel injection and electronic ignition but I wanted something I can actually work on from top to bottom. Simple wiring with relays and such instead of control modules and a billion sensors. And engine plumbing that a vacuum hose schematic is not necessary.

AHaze

Reaction score
Ford knows where the profit is and very little of it was gonna come from selling a new Mustang that appealed to anyone like me who hung on to their S197 through the entire S550 run. The demographic who bought new muscle cars 15+ years ago has been all but wiped out.
I was fully prepared to have zero interest in this car from the early rumors of it sharing the Explorer architecture to the reality of it just being a refresh of the S550. The tacked on screens and locked down PCM don't reduce my enthusiasm one bit because it was already at zero.

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of the s650. Looks too much like a Camaro to me. Also, they have added so many tech features in the new cars and they’re a nightmare if anything goes wrong. I enjoy the simplicity of my 08 GT/CS. I’m also currently building a coyote Frankenstein engine for it so it’ll do everything I want out of a car like the Mustang.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
The Charger/Challenger has had an encrypted PCM for years and tuners found ways to break in and do their thing.
I'm expecting the new Mustang PCM will have a similar fate.

Black Wolf

Reaction score
You might just need counselling. I'm recommending 500 mg of Prozac...every 4 hrs. You need to relax. Watch some NETFLIX..... like the 10 part series on Jeffrey Dahmer. It's excellent family entertainment.
:jester::rotflmao::roflmao::ROFLJest:

I’m not a fan of the s650. Looks too much like a Camaro to me. Also, they have added so many tech features in the new cars and they’re a nightmare if anything goes wrong. I enjoy the simplicity of my 08 GT/CS. I’m also currently building a coyote Frankenstein engine for it so it’ll do everything I want out of a car like the Mustang.
I still miss my 02 SN95 NE GT. the 4.6 was solid as a rock, It never used up oil, and on open road trips I 28 MPG and it was still fun to drive. Sadly, it was taken from me in 2010 when some PSO stole it for a joy ride that ended in it being torched.

Miss that car.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
The Charger/Challenger has had an encrypted PCM for years and tuners found ways to break in and do their thing.

I agree. Knowing Dodge and their general quality though, I feel their security amounts to the equivalent of scrawling ‘please don’t tune’ on the PCM with a Sharpie.

OX1

forum member
Reaction score

But now Ford is "connected" to that PCM all the time and knows if it was messed with. I guess you can disabale the "connection", but will that brick it too, if it does not "talk" to Ford for a certain amount of time.

Reaction score
The F-150 had this tech since 2021. I believe tuning companies are slowly working around it, but I’m not sure what all is involved. I know Livernois has tunes for the F-150 and there may be more, but I think it’s definitely going to be more difficult to mod thanks to all the tech and EPA stuff.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back