S650 REVEAL

Stranger

Reaction score
I can see lines of the Camaro and Charger in this car.
Clearly there's absolutely no resemblance whatsoever.
Screenshot_20220916_181159.jpg Screenshot_20220916_181237.jpg
Oh wait!
Yes... you're absolutely right!
Saw the "Camaro" traits instantly.

Seems like that should be Body Design 101... don't look like your competition!

The headlight/grille section remind of a Kia Optima and maybe a Honda Accord.

Last edited:

Stranger

Reaction score
Clearly there's absolutely no resemblance whatsoever.
View attachment 84227 View attachment 84228
Oh wait!
Yes... you're absolutely right!
Saw the "Camaro" traits instantly.

Seems like that should be Body Design 101... don't look like your competition!

The headlight/grille section remind of a Kia Optima and maybe a Honda Accord.
^^This^^ doesn't mean that I don't like it.
Overall, I think I do.

crjackson

Reaction score
I like both the GT and the Dark Horse, but I absolutely hate the dashboard iPads. I want a real instrument cluster, that looks correct for the car. I’m not in the market, but that could be a deal breaker for me. I’d need to see it in person to make a final decision.

I still like the body lines on my 2014 better.

Kev555

Reaction score
One of the options with the new electronic dash they said was that you could opt to set it up to look like the fox body dash.
An IT guy I know who's an S550 owner said the iPad dash is run by the unreal game engine for those of you that know computer games. he said its the first time that this has ever been used in a vehicle.

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
An IT guy I know who's an S550 owner said the iPad dash is run by the unreal game engine for those of you that know computer games. he said its the first time that this has ever been used in a vehicle.
Epic's unreal is a fantastic development platform. Good stuff.

Jack F

Reaction score
I still like the body lines on my 2014 better.

I couldn't agree more. In the late summer of 14 I was in the market for a new Mustang, as I am now. Once I saw the 15 the choice was obvious. The S550 was the worst looking Mustang I had ever seen. Great car, but just looked horrible. I'm in the market again for a new Mustang and the S650 reveal made up my mind. That car is heinous. Makes the S550 look good, even though one is the derivation of the other. So 2022-2023 S550 base GT for me.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I like the interior they showed during the reveal.
I can't believe how much worse it looks in the base-trim cars

Screenshot_20220917-182840.png

GT R13

Reaction score
I’ll just be keeping my 14. The new horsepower / torque and the ability to run pretty wide tires is nice , but the iPads for the dash just doesn’t do it for me. I guess I’m just fond of the Gen 1 coyote cars (11-14) and the rawness of them. My particular car has a lot of suspension work done and handles very well, but it’ll still tighten you up. Maybe the new gens will look better in person. Bet that darkhorse would be fun to run through the manual transmission tho.

AztroRover

Reaction score
I am afraid the ipad dashes are standard faire now. No going back from them. It's the industry transitioning to the EV future. I watched the revile with some of my high school students, they have had iPads since the cradle, they expect them, it's us oldies that love those analogue dials, they see them like we see rotary phones.

Bullittatty

Reaction score
I just got my 2022 gt two weeks ago. I’m getting used to the digital dash and parts of it I like. I have owned an iPad since the day they were first sold. I take mine everywhere. I’m so glad I’m not stuck with that new dash. Give me a clock, a speedometer, and a tach and I’m a happy guy.

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
I am afraid the ipad dashes are standard faire now. No going back from them. It's the industry transitioning to the EV future. I watched the revile with some of my high school students, they have had iPads since the cradle, they expect them, it's us oldies that love those analogue dials, they see them like we see rotary phones.

Standard fair is one thing, having it looked like you forgot them until the day of the reveal, then plopped them in there, is another thing entirely.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
2023 BMW M3 dash.
Apparently the single-wide-glass-display look is spreading

IMG_20220922_174654.jpg

nyuk98GT

Infrequent poster
Reaction score
Thats awful.. like someone wanted a Ford version of the Ram head logo.. the car itself isn’t bad, still not topping the 05-09 cars though..

EDIT: Hate the rear lights, they look squished and the huge screen inside is an instant no from me. Not a fan.

What "Forty61" said. Rear is too angular, hood has very little drop until the last foot or so, the rectangular digital screen is an eyesore, and the S650 is very heavy. This looks more like a refresh than a re-engineered vehicle. Nice HP but it must be generated at something north of 7k RPM and much of it is wasted hauling the extra weight around.

For all the ballyhoo about the S650/next generation, I am disappointed and think Ford should be going back to the drawing board. Maybe it's the last ICE Mustang before the hybrid/turbo shows up and that will be too bad.

Last gripe: "Dark Horse". Is that the best Ford Marketing can do? Get Bullitt and Mach1 models out and forget the Avenger-inspired monikers.

Sorry to be so down on the new model but Ford engineers can do much better.

Chris

Black Wolf

Reaction score
Welcome to the digital age. :(
I'm an old fart that still prefers the analog experience. Here's my favourite M3:

View attachment 84276

YEP, I know what you mean. Personally I'm not anti tech but it should be used appropriately and look designed for the space. I hate this slapping a tablet on the dash board look. Lazy design.

Black Wolf

Reaction score
The Wagoneer is all digital but I look way better than this Pony's dash.

maxresdefault.jpg

Flusher

Reaction score

Epic's unreal is a fantastic development platform. Good stuff.

Sometimes I'm a little short sighted, how does this benefit the "reimagined driving experience?" I could see an augmented reality night vision GPS combination.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back