School Me: Such thing as too much traction? Yes.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are not missing much---10.50s that I was turning 3 1/2 years ago. You would be done already, turned around going down the return road and picking up your timeslip by the time I went through the traps.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
psfracer;1465370[QUOTE said:
The thing is, it will depend on the cars setup and the tire. A Pro Stock car can spin a little out of the hole because they are running a 33X16 tire which can recover very quickly vs a drag radial. Apple to oranges in my opinion.

my point previously, a low 12 second car that is not able to leave hard is not suffering from too much traction the way I see it, it's suffering from not being able to put the power to the tire. :thumb2:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
hence to much traction... i could make that same 12 second car blow the slicks off if need be.

Ok outside of a new converter I could raise tire pressure and what else? I already have 4.10's.

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Ok outside of a new converter I could raise tire pressure and what else? I already have 4.10's.
Shed weight and a lot of it... if you do the converter, you'll be kicking yourself for not having done it sooner after the first launch

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
depends what i have to work with... tighten the hell out of the suspension. air pressure....

Ok what about tightening the suspension. What exactly do you mean? Springs and or shocks? I have been reading about springs but dont really want to lower my car. I think my car squats too much when I launch. I think I am losing 60ft time because of the squat. Would some sort of spring rubber to stop the squat be a good thing?

All stock suspension except for LCA and an adjustable UCA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pBrpJ0fnY

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The stock shocks are horrid. I can't believe you still have the original shocks on a 2006.

SRTthis

Reaction score
Ok what about tightening the suspension. What exactly do you mean? Springs and or shocks? I have been reading about springs but dont really want to lower my car. I think my car squats too much when I launch. I think I am losing 60ft time because of the squat. Would some sort of spring rubber to stop the squat be a good thing?

All stock suspension except for LCA and an adjustable UCA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1pBrpJ0fnY

its really hard to see in that video to say what you need. adjustable shocks on all 4 corners would help then you could tighten the front up so it doesnt sit back on the rear as much and tighten the rear up so it doesnt drop as quick.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
The stock shocks are horrid. I can't believe you still have the original shocks on a 2006.

Lost in the middle of the pacific on stock shocks:crazy::crazy: LOL

Strange, Lakewood or what?

Antonio, I hear you on the converter I just dont want to go there yet.

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Lost in the middle of the pacific on stock shocks:crazy::crazy: LOL

Strange, Lakewood or what?

Antonio, I hear you on the converter I just dont want to go there yet.
I hear you man, I know it's a big jump for driveability... but after you see how much harder the car launches you'll be shocked! As for shocks, Strange and Lakewood both make a superior product. Can't go wrong with either one

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back