Schroth Rallye 4 Harness

Reaction score
I'm looking for a harness that I will hold me to the seat while autocrossing (won't be used for track events). The Schroth Rallye 4 looks to be street legal and it can be disconnected when not autocrossing.

I'm looking for any comments from anyone that has installed it and any pictures of it installed.

Rob

stepqhen

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry I don't have any pictures at this point, but installation is pretty straight forward. I have used one for years. I use my stock seat belts everyday and just flop the harness behind the seat. The most awkward part of the install in getting the rear strap of the harness bolted down, since it runs through the seat there is limited space to work. I love mine, and with crappy Mustang seats I find it holds me in quite well. You will have to pull the front seat and tip it out the door to mount the front lower straps, since the seatbelt mount on the inside is attached to the seat bracket. Before bolting anything down triple check that nothing is twisted. No really check three time, you will thank me. If you haven't ordered yet go ahead and get the pulls for it as well, it makes it much easier to pull the harness tight.

jayel579

forum member
Reaction score
Go to Babies-R-Us and buy a mighty tite. Cheaper and just as good. Its meant to hold child seats in place in case of an accident, enough proof for me that it is a proven product. Uses the factory 3 point, which is all you really need for autocross.

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.

The might-tite looks like a good alternative. I think I will buy one of those for any passengers and buy/install the Schroth harness in the driver's seat. Maybe not..it's kind of funny seeing them clinching tight to the door or whatever they can find.

Stepqhen- did you need to bend the mounting bracket to get it to install properly? The online instructions mentions that you may need to bend one of the brackets. Any vendors that you would recommend?

It's still about 5 weeks before the first autocross of the year, but I'm ready to get started.

Rob

stepqhen

forum member
Reaction score
Some bending was needed, but it wasn't anything this computer geek couldn't do with his bare hands. Install took me less than an hour. As far as vendors, I just googled and found the best price I could at the time.

Lgs SGT

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry I don't have any pictures at this point, but installation is pretty straight forward. I have used one for years. I use my stock seat belts everyday and just flop the harness behind the seat. The most awkward part of the install in getting the rear strap of the harness bolted down, since it runs through the seat there is limited space to work. I love mine, and with crappy Mustang seats I find it holds me in quite well. You will have to pull the front seat and tip it out the door to mount the front lower straps, since the seatbelt mount on the inside is attached to the seat bracket. Before bolting anything down triple check that nothing is twisted. No really check three time, you will thank me. If you haven't ordered yet go ahead and get the pulls for it as well, it makes it much easier to pull the harness tight.

Right on point, plus a volleyball stuffed under the rear seat makes fastening the rear anchors easier

Reaction score
The weather is nice, so I'm going to try installing it today. I don't think my daughter will mind if I borrow her volleyball.

Jefro

forum member
Reaction score
Snap some pics when you get done. I'm thinking of getting either the 3 or 4 point. Haven't decided yet.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back