SCT and Bully Dog tuners gets $6.25m??

07 Boss

Reaction score
Selfish attitudes like this fuck up the hobby for EVERYONE, thanks......as..oles

You must be from California or something. So my passing OBD inspections without cats is fucking up your world and makes me a selfish asshole? Haha. The smog certification stations here do not require visual, just an obd hookup so how are they gonna lose their licensing if they are doing what they are supposed to be doing?

I also run crankcase breathers and a fuel cell with just a vent tube. This must make me a real penis breath then huh? Oh shit, I run cams too, those don't have a CARB #, I must be a real dick head now. I don't even want you to know that I run a supercharger with a rich tune, you might unfriend or block me.

Lighten up Francis. How is this going to mess you up since you follow the rules ? You have cats, no problem passing right? How are stricter inspections going to ruin the hobby for you if don't modify any emissions?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
there are so few vehicles breaking emissions laws that paying to feed steak and growing the cows to make it to the people who will administer programs to catch them will be a lot more enivronmentally costly than just not caring.

If you actually care about the earth, don't buy 4-5 cars, drive your car a long time, stop buying a new iphone every 2 years and get elon musk put into prison where he belongs.

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I still have stock cats because I don't want to break federal law to add a few extra horsepower. It's a clean, powerful car and that's a good thing.

In the grand scheme of things, I doubt gearheads gutting/removing cats is doing a whole lot of harm, but I don't think it's necessary with modern technology. Lawnmowers and motorcycles are probably greater contributors to "bad" emissions than post-emissions cars with non-functioning emissions systems.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I have a reel mower - no engine.

Some good electric mowers are coming but hoooowheee to get them made.. old ones have to age out . Golf courses will be using old junk for decades.

Lots to think about . The impact of watering your lawn . Fertilizing .

Odd spacing brought to you by android.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I was looking at a pressure washer with a Honda overhead cam engine.

Louieray8

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I've been searching to find a solution to my emissions problems. I have Magnaflow Cats, axle back exhaust, JLT intake and a BAMA tune. The 3 monitors went set up. BAMA has told me the monitors are all on but the car still won't pass. O2 Heater, O2 and CAT monitors are not ready. 3 tunes and 3 drive cycles later with the same issue. Please help. 2011 GT. I live in PA. Thank you.

07 Boss

Reaction score
What was different in the 3 tunes?

I have to drive my car at least a week to get my rear O2’s to say ready.

And when you say magnaflow cats, are they in the stock location or do you have their mid-pipe?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
shouldn't take that long to get the monitors ready, there's a driving cycle in the manual, at least the 05-07 manuals, that takes like 30 mins to do and should ready everything. it's specific on how one must drive, mph, time, distance, etc... I had to do it back in 07 w/ my GT, this was when SCT set all base files to have O2s set to off

Louieray8

Reaction score
I'm not sure what was different in the 3 tunes. I have the latest tune installed and have driven the car for about 50 miles. The Check Engine light just came on and code is for Catalyst on bank 1 and 2. I am assuming this means the rear o2s are now on.
I think it's a Magnaflow xpipe with CATs. I bought the cat with it installed. Car was not tuned when I purchased it but no light. Installed intake and BAMA tune.

Louieray8

Reaction score
Anyone know of a stock air box for sale? Might be the easiest way at this point.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a stock air box for sale? Might be the easiest way at this point.

Have you looked on Ebay? A stock air box for the 11-13's are EXPENSIVE for some stupid reason. And it is the lower that is the expensive part! Maf housings and intake tubes are available and cheap. Your can probably get a "no tune required" CAI for less than a used stock airbox. BTW, I can't even get those 3 monitors to run (yet!) Good thing I'm exempt. (also in PA)

Louieray8

Reaction score
Will a different tune actually fix the issue. I would be happy to buy a tune from a real tuner. I would be really pissed if I had the same problem though. Any recommendations?

Louieray8

Reaction score
I've looked on Ebay and Craigslist with no luck. Only thing I found was like $250. Kinda crazy. What intakes don't require a tune? The ones that have a box?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Well, I've run a VMP tune since I bought my 2014 GT new and never had an issue. There are many reputable tuners who can provide a real tune instead of the bottom of the barrel McCheapo $99 'Tunes 4 Lyfe' crap tunes.

The funny part is watching all the rookies come through here asking for advice AFTER they bought the McTune and trying to resolve the same problems time after time. Look through the forum history and see how many examples you can find of people having these issues with a VMP or Lund tune. And now you get to buy tunes twice because you were cheap.

Louieray8

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment. Was actually just keeping it simple since the car is a daily. The car worked fine and performed well. It's been great for a year, now emissions is due and I have the issue. I did search the forum, that's how I ended up here. Recommendations are there for tunes based on performance but nothing addressed my issue. I'll reach out to a different tuner. Thanks for the input.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
I'm not sure what was different in the 3 tunes. I have the latest tune installed and have driven the car for about 50 miles. The Check Engine light just came on and code is for Catalyst on bank 1 and 2. I am assuming this means the rear o2s are now on.
I think it's a Magnaflow xpipe with CATs. I bought the cat with it installed. Car was not tuned when I purchased it but no light. Installed intake and BAMA tune.

If you’re SURE the xpipe has highflow cats and the light is still on, you probably have blown out aftermarket cats and the car is picking up that inefficancny. You can go the route of non-fowlers with cat material in em, Boss did this and had great results. Or replace with OEM catted pipe. No tune is gonna allow passed emissions if the cats are gone or performing poorly. All it’ll do is turn off rear O2s which in turn will remove the CEL, but any emission Station will see the Not Ready status and fail you

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back