SCT and Bully Dog tuners gets $6.25m??

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I talked about this before on this site about my discussions with a Ford High Level Employee on these tuners which he hated. Although his beef was around disabling the knock sensors. He quipped all the software guys ride bikes to work and because of that, Ford has to pass out new engines. Yes overstated but I knew this would come to a head soon. Why was I talking to this guy? It's because if my research on the guy who invented the Gasoline Automobile and his family.

Last edited:

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
This was just a matter of time. I already posted on Harley getting slapped with fines with their tuners. I seem to recall Vance&Hines also getting slapped. Hmmm, and there was a post on here about AmericanMuscle not wanting to turn off shit.

I've said it before: You CAN make power, mod your car, AND stay emissions legal. And avoid headaches of passing smog, and leave the catalytic converters on your car, or install high flow converters. Yet some ppl insist on deleting the converters, and Yes, you are responsible for this.

This is the same mentality with "loud pipes save lives" attitude in the bike community. A few assholes insist on NO mufflers. It pisses off the non-riding public, and it is bad for EVERYONE in the community.

Do you want to get to the point of NOT being able to do ANYTHING to your car/bike? .... Think about that.....

Last edited:

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
I've said it before: You CAN make power, mod your car, AND stay emissions legal. And avoid headaches of passing smog, and leave the catalytic converters on your car, or install high flow converters.

Currently doing this with ARH and their high flow cats, pass emissions in NC and have plenty of power from my Paxton SC

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
The only catalysts I've seen or heard of living were Tiger Honaker's greentech cats from kooks.. but he's now moved on to the great beyond of some dodge forum somewhere. :\

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Glad I got the high flow cats with my Kooks headers. Now if I can just find time to get them installed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07 Boss

Reaction score
I pass obd emmisions with no cats and sensors on. I have the extensions with the mini cat in there for the sensor. They work and you don’t have to worry about running rich messing with the cats.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
So I'm guessing there will be no more 'updating' your handheld tuner before loading a new tune? I suspect the remaining tuners will probably go up in value for the short term anyway.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
What I get from the Ford people is, STC was disabling things without clearly saying so to the customer. One clear thing was setting the timing up and disabling the knock sensors at the same time and hoping for the best. He said the knock sensors are very sensitive and will set back timing just because of road noise. I am not sure that is true or not.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds more like something more to do with the individuals doing the tuning. My knock sensors work. I suspect for every good 3V tuner there are around 3 shitty ones. Heck maybe there are only 4 people doing 3V's any more... heh.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Sounds more like something more to do with the individuals doing the tuning. My knock sensors work. I suspect for every good 3V tuner there are around 3 shitty ones. Heck maybe there are only 4 people doing 3V's any more... heh.
Ford is not replacing any 3v engines. They are only replacing 4v engines, and by Ford people in the know, it's all because of software people riding bicycles to work not telling customers what they are really doing.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
What in the Hell does this mean?

It means most software engineers have no concept of machinery, engines, driving and for that fact, they'll tweak the hell out of some code not understanding anything about how that affects drivability etc. Their bikes are not a good real world example of engine tuning.

Macman45

Resident Geriatric
Reaction score
What I get from the Ford people is, STC was disabling things without clearly saying so to the customer. One clear thing was setting the timing up and disabling the knock sensors at the same time and hoping for the best. He said the knock sensors are very sensitive and will set back timing just because of road noise. I am not sure that is true or not.

While this is true, the lawsuit and fines and fees are directed at disabling the O2's and tricking the ECU's into thinking cats aren't missing and some people are passing SMOG without O2's turned on. The knock sensor thing is just dangerous I dont get that one

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Diesel guys are about to shit bricks.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
While this is true, the lawsuit and fines and fees are directed at disabling the O2's and tricking the ECU's into thinking cats aren't missing and some people are passing SMOG without O2's turned on. The knock sensor thing is just dangerous I dont get that one
This is simple. It's not against the law to disable the knock sensors. So the Justice Department would have no standing in court for software people disconnecting the knock sensors but would so with O2 sensors. Ford would care less about O2 sensors but care a lot about knock sensors if it means shelling out a new engine.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back