Shake Down Runs!

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, went to Old Dominion tonight. Met with Eddie (2000gt), Adam (Deimos) and Bill. Was really cool hanging out with Bill (28 hopup) and talking drag racing war stories. Bills car has more in it after his recent mods, but he needs to re-dial in the car for them.

I finally got some shake down runs, hoping to hit a 1/4 mile track this weekend. Car is at 8lbs of boost, and I'm happy with the first time out. Though it sucked as I was dialing in the car, two accidents shut the track down early.

Here are my 2 measly runs:

First run, launch at 2k rpm:
  • 60: 1.883
  • 330: 5.088
  • 1/8: 7.780
  • MPH: 91.38
Second run, launch at 2400 rpm (I have a 3200 rpm stall though), starting to get a hang for the instant low end grunt...
  • 60: 1.738
  • 330: 4.918
  • 1/8: 7.608
  • MPH: 91.25
Plan to hit MIR this Sunday and continue to dial in the car. The TQ converter needs breaking in, as once I can launch at 3200 rpm, I think I will see low 7s with this setup.

We shall see. I'm just glad to be racing again, and cutting "ok" 60fts. Will post slips tomorrow.

Last edited:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Dude! You guys didn't call me! LOL I am so bored. I was thinking about going but couldn't find anyone I knew heading out there. My wife went to Hanford CA to visit some family and I am solo for a month. I might go to MIR if we get rained out on the car show. Have to see what happens...

Good numbers BTW. ODS on Wednesday has no glue and BS track prep. You will take 2/10ths of your 1/4 time NP at MIR.

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dude! You guys didn't call me! LOL I am so bored. I was thinking about going but couldn't find anyone I knew heading out there. My wife went to Hanford CA to visit some family and I am solo for a month. I might go to MIR if we get rained out on the car show. Have to see what happens...

Good numbers BTW. ODS on Wednesday has no glue and BS track prep. You will take 2/10ths of your 1/4 time NP at MIR.

My bad, I should have posted here. But plan to hit MIR this sunday. You game?

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
When I go depends on if the NVMC car show washes out. MIR does T&T til 3 then does a gambler's run till 6. Hopefully I will be there for the gamblers run worse case...

Buckman

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's a good start Todd. I can see you whittling that 60' down and really looking forward to seeing some 1/4 mile passes soon.

28hopup

drawing a blank
Reaction score
It was a great time Todd, despite the limited runs (cuz a biker laid down at 114mph, but wasn't serioulsly hurt). Your car is a BEAST! Let's do it again soon!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back