SMASH....WTF

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad things are working out. No one likes being in a FUBAR.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Yea now I get to move on to other things like my landlord thinking a couple holes dug by a husky cost $1200 to fill....lmao

antonio1988

Redline: 8600rpm
Reaction score
Keep telling him yes, rack up the bill, pick up the car, pay only what you feel you have to... and obviously, try to avoid breaking his neck at all costs

EDIT: just finished reading through, skip all that I said and keep the last thing (about the neck) in your back pocket, just in case lol. Hope that all works out ok because "well" and "great" are likely out of the question at this point

Last edited:

SleeptGT904

forum member
Reaction score
Damn broseph! I had a shop do some work and was a reputable shop and has done nice work before for me. Things happened and I ended up picking up on a flat bed =/

Trevorusn

Reaction score
I still can't believe USAA is doing this to you!!!! Damn!!! kinda funny though, I had a few scuffs and dings taken out of my Mustang recently, and for the first time EVER I had trouble with USAA, when the first agent who called me said it was collision, not even willing to discuss comprehensive. The 2nd agent was much nicer and more able, but the fact this clown who called me first was quite pompous has soured me a bit to USAA, just a bit though because I won without further issue after that, thanks to my repair shop.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
These are the latest photo's. I cant wait to see it in person, hell drive the thing. This is the longest I've gone without her since I got it! The tips will be pushed in, the pipes need to be shortened and he figured he would leave that up to me so its how I want it.

I forgot to give him the Saleen decklid panel for the plate, I'll throw it on later but damn I wish I could get away with sticking it in the rear window.

2012071095142459.jpg

By uscav82 at 2012-07-10

2012071095120711.jpg

By uscav82 at 2012-07-10

Silverrider

forum member
Reaction score
Wowza, well glad it looks decent, just need to re align those tips like you said and it will look good!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Wow! Considering the amount of body work this guy had to do, it looks awesome!!! Marry the girl and bring him all kinds of cars to build/fix for you! LOL!!!!

Enjoy it!

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Looks pretty damn good from the photo, maybe you got worked up for nothing.

It was never a question of the quality but rather a rapidly inflating price from not going with the insurance company's estimate and not having them inspect to cover the additional damage. We did work something out, its a little over what should have come over my pocket but the amount of work was about 3g over the estimate as well. In the end I'm happy.

I know that he had his guy go detail the entire exterior to the car removing swirl marks and other imperfections so that the new paint wouldn't be obvious. He's a nut about the cars coming out of the shop looking their best, not just to insurance standard. Thats why he got the car.

Wow! Considering the amount of body work this guy had to do, it looks awesome!!! Marry the girl and bring him all kinds of cars to build/fix for you! LOL!!!!

Enjoy it!

LOL I intended to do the first and the latter my wallet needs to heal!

Last edited:

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
SOOOOOOO, I went to pick it up yesterday. I left on thursday to get to pittsfield ma where I left the rental,leaving there at 2am to get to long island for 7ish.

I cant figure out how the fuck they put the black trim back on the roof and didnt realize they clearly missed the entire back of the lip when painting. Maybe they were too busy looking at the seam from the new quarter above the door that looked like complete shit. Considering the bottom seam was perfect as I tried to find it and couldnt I know they can do better. So the car is still at the shop and I'll get it back next week...... On the bright side the paint is matched perfectly.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
If you get a chance, post up more pics of the car!

Also, what size/offset/tire size are those wheels?

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
If you get a chance, post up more pics of the car!

Also, what size/offset/tire size are those wheels?

I'll get some more up when I get the car back the wheels I got from AM. http://www.americanmuscle.com/blacksaleen-18in-0509-stag.html

255/45-18 Front
275/40-18 Back

Not sure of the rest.

Update on the car...

She's back in primer and the paint will be reshot on monday, issue I had with the bumper is already fixed.

Usaa has also been brought into this and is working with the shop to recoup what I shouldnt have paid out of pocket.

FML why does everything have to be so difficult.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back