SMASH....WTF

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
I don't even want to talk about how the damage came to be, still way to sore of a subject.

But WTF, the shop that has the car is ran by my by my fiancee's step father(for those who read the story on the other thread she overheard me talking about an ex and thought I was talking about her...... all is well again.)

This guy ordered all new fucking sheet metal that the insurance company isnt going to pay for. Doing additional work not in the estimate. Not asking the insurance company for a supplement but expects me to take the final bill and turn it in for the additional funding. Ins company already told me to go fuck myself its not going to happen if they dont inspect the car first, as they should. He is still insisting he's not handling the ins company and theres really not a fucking thing I can do because this is what my car looks like right now

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This dude was supposed to be legit, my Fiancee is pissed and I'm seriously considering letting him do his thing and only paying him for whats in the insurance company's estimate. If he wont handle the ins company like he should I'm not paying for his ignorance. I never signed any estimate or authorization for repair. In fact he reviewed the estimate after we all had dinner at his house.... WHAT THE FUCK!

Better yet supposedly "His Cost" for the parts is double of what I can get from Tousley Ford. Sure theres shipping but he had his parts shipped too. Fuck according to him he even paid higher then the listed MSRP on the site........

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
My god. I'd choke someone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

EGNARO

Orange Backwards
Reaction score
Fuck.sorry to hear man

You should eliminate the spare tire well while it's cut up

Last edited by a moderator:

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
I'm back in upstate new york and the car is downstate. When I got that picture I was in the process of trying to verify if the work had started or not so I could call a flatbed to pull it out of there. Total repair from ins company was 4100. He does good work and said I would have parts at cost, labor at full price. I thought that was fair. He now has me at 4500 and I provided the bumper and lights that were needed. So it really puts it at 5K....

I went from saving money from somebody I trusted and have seen his work to know he's good all the way to this. I expect it to get worse.

Set fire to it and walk away!!!! Wow!!

When I came home from Afghanistan my wife filed for divorce, over 20k went missing. I get to see my son but its not the same. She made my life fucking suck for a long time. All I got was this Mustang when I traded the bitch's Liberty in for it. I will keep this car till the day I die......Seriously.

Scuba-Matt

Boost freak
Reaction score
The bright side is the car is being done right. No filler. He'll get the insurance money for the job. I'm sure this isn't his first rodeo.
When I use to contract fire repair on homes and businesses we always had overages. The insurance adjuster would always give me a hard time. But I always got paid.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I don't even want to talk about how the damage came to be, still way to sore of a subject.

But WTF, the shop that has the car is ran by my by my fiancee's step father(for those who read the story on the other thread she overheard me talking about an ex and thought I was talking about her...... all is well again.)

This guy ordered all new fucking sheet metal that the insurance company isnt going to pay for. Doing additional work not in the estimate. Not asking the insurance company for a supplement but expects me to take the final bill and turn it in for the additional funding. Ins company already told me to go fuck myself its not going to happen if they dont inspect the car first, as they should. He is still insisting he's not handling the ins company and theres really not a fucking thing I can do because this is what my car looks like right now

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This dude was supposed to be legit, my Fiancee is pissed and I'm seriously considering letting him do his thing and only paying him for whats in the insurance company's estimate. If he wont handle the ins company like he should I'm not paying for his ignorance. I never signed any estimate or authorization for repair. In fact he reviewed the estimate after we all had dinner at his house.... WHAT THE FUCK!

Better yet supposedly "His Cost" for the parts is double of what I can get from Tousley Ford. Sure theres shipping but he had his parts shipped too. Fuck according to him he even paid higher then the listed MSRP on the site........

You should have free legal counsel on base. Set up an appointment and get some legal answers.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
The bright side is the car is being done right. No filler. He'll get the insurance money for the job. I'm sure this isn't his first rodeo.
When I use to contract fire repair on homes and businesses we always had overages. The insurance adjuster would always give me a hard time. But I always got paid.

He flat out said he does not want the vehicle seen by the insurance company. He does not want the adjuster in the shop. Its not his first rodeo but IDK what he is up too. Honestly I think he is hiding this job from his partner paying out of pocket for the parts to keep it off the books.

Would also explain why he wants to be pain in cash, if i even use my bank card he said I gotta pay tax........didnt realize i wasnt paying tax till he said that too

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Print and save the parts prices from Tousley's website so you have proof when he hands you a ridiculous bill. But above all I would listen to Bruce H and take his advice posted above.
stupidnosmile.gif

jsimmonstx

forum member
Reaction score
Never EVER let a friend (or family member) do work for you. Why? Because of crap like this. If they don't do the job to your satisfaction, you have nowhere to turn without causing a big problem with "relations". I did this once and got a totally crap paing job on my bike, and when I expressed my lack of contentment with the finished product, the guy acted like I was a douche. That was the last time I had a "friend" do something for me.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Print and save the parts prices from Tousley's website so you have proof when he hands you a ridiculous bill. But above all I would listen to Bruce H and take his advice posted above.
stupidnosmile.gif

Absolutely, he said he has to go threw certain people for the parts. Is there any way he would be paying more then what Tousley offers the public? I know they have great deals but hes a licensed shop he should be able to at least match them I would think.

bw281

forum member
Reaction score
Get the insurance guy there. How is it even fair being a somewhat family affair issue if he is riping you off so much on estimated prices? Get someone legit there before he continues to fuck you over even more.
Hope you have better luck on the repair. It hurts to even look at that once

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Even with the great prices Tousley offers business's usually get a deeper discount.

Sorry to see and hear and I feel your pain about what happens with spouses while the military member is deployed...no excuse for the irresponsible fucktards that financially fuck over the member while they are out doing their jobs.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This whole deal is FUBAR. I would talk to your agent about coverage for negligent repair. Your relation is rolling you under the bus, and you should not have to put up with that. He chose to not do it the right way. I suspect your going to end up taking BruceH advice. Good luck man.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
Get the insurance guy there. How is it even fair being a somewhat family affair issue if he is riping you off so much on estimated prices? Get someone legit there before he continues to fuck you over even more.
Hope you have better luck on the repair. It hurts to even look at that once

I knew it was going to get cut up like that, it was honestly necessary.

I got a phone call last February while I was still enlisted and had to go out at like 9pm. I didn't want to bother the fiancee to come home and give me a ride, she was out with her friends and it was her time. We dont know a lot of people in the Drum area and the ones we do are on diff schedules so its rare to get people together.

I hit a patch of Ice @ 50mph. The ass swung heavy left, I held it and she came back to me. Just as I was like oh shit that was close it came out again on the right and I couldn't stop her from coming all the way around. I banged the clutch to the floor actually get her stable going fucking backwards but I couldnt see shit as my headlights are now facing the wrong direction:rant: When I glanced out the passenger side I could see the guardrail and realized I went from the slow lane to the fast and just decided to bury that corner in the rail. It was just my reaction to kick the clutch down and try to see behind me but that cause me to not be able to reach the brake and in a split second convinced I was about to hit something I decided to ride on the rail because I could see it. When the car came to a stop there wasnt much rail left and was a moderate turn with nothing to stop me from crossing onto the other side of interstate 81.

I was parked in my shitty driveway and took traction control off to get out. I hate the way it cuts the throttle when working the clutch at a standstill. I forgot to turn it back on. I honestly believe it wouldn't have kicked so hard if traction control was on.

Part of my early retirement was due to a neck injury from a rollover in afghanistan. This mustang let me walk away with nothing more then a bruise on my back from the force of me stopping so hard against it that the lumbar support in the middle of the seat broke. I really credit the car for letting me walk away it could have been so much worse. I've had cars I've loved before this but there is just something different about this one.

Even with the great prices Tousley offers business's usually get a deeper discount.

Sorry to see and hear and I feel your pain about what happens with spouses while the military member is deployed...no excuse for the irresponsible fucktards that financially fuck over the member while they are out doing their jobs.

It happens more often then people think. I just look at it like it was bound to happen anyways, better sooner then later.

This whole deal is FUBAR. I would talk to your agent about coverage for negligent repair. Your relation is rolling you under the bus, and you should not have to put up with that. He chose to not do it the right way. I suspect your going to end up taking BruceH advice. Good luck man.

Insurance company is aware of the situation but they cannot help. He is not on USAA's list of facilities. I trusted nothing like this would happen. If he was on the list they said they would more then likely pull him right off and deal with this situation for me. Right now its not the relation thats fucking me its the fact I want the car put together right and he is actually doing that. Only in a way that makes no financial fucking sense. If I blow the whistle no other shop is going to want to take the car in like that and I have to stress if it will be correctly done. If I didnt care about the car this would be easy.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The only thing that makes sense is your thought that he must be doing this job off the books. Which means he will have nothing in the way of documentation to back up his final bill. Let him finish then pay him what the insurance gives you and take the car.

07gtcs

forum member
Reaction score
The only thing that makes sense is your thought that he must be doing this job off the books. Which means he will have nothing in the way of documentation to back up his final bill. Let him finish then pay him what the insurance gives you and take the car.

Thats what I was initially thinking however I was unsure of any legal recourse he may be able to take.

Then he called asking for an additional $1000 for some more shit and is actually asking for my permission. I dodged him for today and as you can see he already cut off the entire rear section. If I say yes I'm fucking myself, If I say no...what happens to my car next.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
No paperwork on the deal? Then I show up with a wrecker and take my car. Will suck to have to whoop the girls step dad but, it is your car. Good luck.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back