So, Is She a Goner?

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
if you are careful use a heat gun to warm up the louver. then have someone push on the back side of the louver when warm. the louver will pop out pretty easily.
i did this when i painted my car. unfortunately i over heated 1 side and it's junk, the other side it worked perfectly.
silverhorse racing has 2 listings for unpainted louvers on ebay. if they are discontinuing them i will try to buy a extra set.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-14-Silv...357167?hash=item3b1883bcaf:g:xn4AAOSw7NNT-yLw

These are actually listed by Summit Racing

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SilverHors...695351?hash=item5b4b05cd37:g:6zQAAOSwkO5bb9pY

And for 2010-2014 wonder if they will fit 2007 ?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/svh-s297-300/applications

07 Boss

Reaction score
I have my OEM 1/4 windows available as I also swapped them out for the SHR ones.

If you can't find yours you can have mine for free as they are just collecting dust. I am also in the Las Vegas area.

Thanks bro. I should be able to locate mine. What part of the valley are you in. We should hook up sometime. Ever go to Midnight Mayhem or anything like that?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Marcel at SHR said none of his distributors have any and they’ve been out for a while. He doubts they will do another production run.

I don’t think the 2010 ones will fit my car but I will double check with them tomorrow.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Marcel at SHR said none of his distributors have any and they’ve been out for a while. He doubts they will do another production run.

I don’t think the 2010 ones will fit my car but I will double check with them tomorrow.

Wonder what the quantity of a minimum production run of non-painted would be ?

07 Boss

Reaction score
2010, no good.

1000 units for a production run.

I’m going to go with the Cervini C-series window scoops. Should match my side scoops. Now I might have to get their spoiler too to complete the look.

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
2010, no good.

I’m going to go with the Cervini C-series window scoops. Should match my side scoops. Now I might have to get their spoiler too to complete the look.

That is a bummer... do you know what colors are left over of the SHR 197-300's?

Sould try to do a group buy.. lets find 1000 folks...

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
2010, no good.

Wow !!!

That is a bummer... do you know what colors are left over of the SHR 197-300's?

Sould try to do a group buy.. lets find 1000 folks...

997 other folks

MrBottleneck

forum member
Reaction score
Been corresponding with Marcello about the louvers as well.
Being they are still making the 10-14 why would a production run have to be 1000 yikes.
Anyhow, Im 997 now its 996 others needed.

Lets get a group buy going and then Marcello can resupply his vendors with some as well.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well you can count me out of the group buy as I have ordered the Cervinis window scoops. It'll be OK. There was this cat back in the day who had the whole C-series kit and I always like his car. I always told myself if I was to do it all over I wouldn't mind going that way with it. BUT I'm not sure how just the side and window scoops will look without the rest of the kit. Might have to buy the spoiler and hood too to really complete the look. Lol.

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
Been corresponding with Marcello about the louvers as well.
Being they are still making the 10-14 why would a production run have to be 1000 yikes.
Anyhow, Im 997 now its 996 others needed.

Lets get a group buy going and then Marcello can resupply his vendors with some as well.

I work in the business of injection molding. I manage and engineer injection molds and supporting production. Perhaps I shouod reach out to SHR, might be opportunity for me to run these parts at my company... LOL...

kazman59

King of Kazmania
Reaction score
I've a pair of '10-'14 in HP (Performance White) if anyone's interested. PM me for particulars.

MrBottleneck

forum member
Reaction score
I work in the business of injection molding. I manage and engineer injection molds and supporting production. Perhaps I shouod reach out to SHR, might be opportunity for me to run these parts at my company... LOL...
Yes, you should.

On a side note Marcello stated that the 10-14 louvers start life out as 05-09 then are modified. I need to find out just how much and how they are modified which differs them.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I have my OEM 1/4 windows available as I also swapped them out for the SHR ones.

If you can't find yours you can have mine for free as they are just collecting dust. I am also in the Las Vegas area.

He bro. Found my windows but one has a big scratch in it. Your offer still good? Shoot me a text. I’ll pm you my number.

Haha, not sure how to pm you with this phone app. Here is my number. 702-769-2996.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Well they expect to have her in paint mid week so maybe by the the weekend I can have her back. Still waiting on a couple of parts though.

Vallee

forum member
Reaction score
Keep us posted. If you can get some photos of the repair progress that be cool too.

LarryJM

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Not exactly the same damage but almost. Rebuildable title on an all Bells and Whistles 2014 Mustang GT Manuel up for sale for $9000. It seems to be a side swipe from wheel well to bumper pulling the bumper off.

DSC_0096.JPG

07 Boss

Reaction score
So how much to fix????

Don’t really know. I do know they had to raise the value of my car to $14K to repair it. I think they valued at just under $16K. Here in NV they have an independent 3rd party company value the car. I had to submit a parts list with dates of install. I’m not sure how they come up with a value but my list was $30K over 10 yrs.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back