So my bad luck continues!!!! Need a place to vent..sorry guys

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got some family in LV and I am heading up there next weekend. Mob time... I hate thieves.

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
so here is an update guys sorry i have been out feeling ill, my brothers and i will be traveling down to las vegas on a 15 hr drive on thursday, to go pick up the short block and it is a never used brand new parts and all short block, the guy is gonna throw in a performance aluninum drive line, 8 bolt ford racing fly wheel, and a stg 3 exedy clutch for us having to make the trip to go pick it up so all in all i say its a good deal, i will keep you guys all posted

08torchred

Reaction score
Sounds like this guy just keeps jerking you around. I would seriously try to get my money back unless you are just set on having it because who knows what the motor will be like even if its claimed to be "new". Goodluck though and wish you the best

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is the reason he gave for not shiping it?

probably because it can be an pain in the ass to ship a motor. Maybe the guy is just too lazy to do it or doesn't know what shipping company to use or whatever.

That would SUCK to drive 15 hours, then call and the guy doesn't pick up and you don't know where he lives. Or drive that way and the engine isn't anything like its supposed to be. Now, you just spent $400 in gas for nothing.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
probably because it can be an pain in the ass to ship a motor. Maybe the guy is just too lazy to do it or doesn't know what shipping company to use or whatever.

That would SUCK to drive 15 hours, then call and the guy doesn't pick up and you don't know where he lives. Or drive that way and the engine isn't anything like its supposed to be. Now, you just spent $400 in gas for nothing.

At that point I dont think I could be contaminated!

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
i know where the guy works, lives, and what he drives, shipping was way to much and henjst doesnt have the time he says

i will let u all know what the deal when i get there

Last edited by a moderator:

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
He should have never sold the engine in the first place if he didn't plan on shipping it. That's about the biggest dick move you could do to someone.

QWIKFIX

forum member
Reaction score
Dont know if it would piss off the seller,it shouldnt if hes honest, but could you have some local area s197 members check it out for you before you make that long drive? From how hes jacked you around already...I'd be wary. Just my .02

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
^^^^ sounds like some good advise
UHHHMMMMM... It is YOUR FUCKING MOTOR!!! I would send anyone over I damn well choose. If they rub one out in the process of inspecting it then maybe next time the guy will ship the damn thing like he agreed

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
UHHHMMMMM... It is YOUR FUCKING MOTOR!!! I would send anyone over I damn well choose. If they rub one out in the process of inspecting it then maybe next time the guy will ship the damn thing like he agreed

The OP and his brothers should load the motor up and then take a shit on his doorstep!

:kma:
:2g1c:

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
Ok guys all went well, got the forged short block and it's brand new never ran it was put together by HBR (heads by rick)competition engines here in Las Vegas, got a brand new exedy race clutch, all arp head bolts and the forged assembly was put all together with arp bolts, 60lb siemens ev6 injectors (hope they fit on my Whipple), 8 bolt ford racing fly wheel,

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back