Speed daddy headers?

gray2014gt

forum member
Reaction score
I hope I'm not asking what's already been answered but are the eBay headers like the speed daddy long tubes really that bad? Heard people on other forums say the speed daddy one's aren't bad especially for the price. TIA!

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I have no experience with them but have heard the same. That said, the primaries are small and quality can be iffy. The flange isn’t stainless and can rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I’ll spare you the good/cheap/fast spiel but no. The no name brands on eBay are all the same. It’s your car, by all means try them, all I’m saying is there are downsides to buying them over name brand is all. They do have a decent rep, but you won’t see the full potential of longtubes with the smaller primaries and unequal primary length.

gray2014gt

forum member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if the eBay one's are as bad most people make them out to be.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
The headers on my 00 Gt are eBay specials I think and they’re fine. The o2 sensor placement on the passenger side sucks but otherwise they fit and don’t give me issues.

gray2014gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'd love to have long tubes but looking at prices for mid pipes basically same price as the headers. Be around $1500 then sure at least $500 if I can't install them myself. I don't want to spend around $2k for headers and everything needed to have them so guess I'll stick with stock shorty headers/manifolds use that money towards something else. Thanks for the responses!

crjackson

Reaction score
Wise decision. I went with kooks, and they’re costly but worth it. You have to decide what benefits you’re looking for.

I’m looking for rapid heat removal, and durability similar to OEM or better. Sound and HP gains are a bonus in my case.

gray2014gt

forum member
Reaction score
Was looking at BBK ceramic long tubes they'll be $1,400 directly from them looked on beefcake racing site and all they show are shorty headers. Buying directly form BBK best price or get better price somewhere else? TIA!

07 Boss

Reaction score
Are there any good/cheap long tubes on eBay lol

Depending on where you live you might want to look into Pacesetter headers. I've had mine on the car for at least a dozen years without too many issues. But I also live in the high desert. I did replace one of the legs of my O/R mid-pipe last year but that was more of a speed bump issue. They have a larger primary than most for our cars and are a true full length header. I got my headers ceramic coated and with an O/R mid-pipe for like $525. Don't know how much they are going for now but back then it was about 1/2 the price of most others. Fit and installation was without issue. They are of good craftmanship and I believe they are made here in the USA but they are not stainless so depending on where you live it might be an issue.

gray2014gt

forum member
Reaction score
Depending on where you live you might want to look into Pacesetter headers. I've had mine on the car for at least a dozen years without too many issues. But I also live in the high desert. I did replace one of the legs of my O/R mid-pipe last year but that was more of a speed bump issue. They have a larger primary than most for our cars and are a true full length header. I got my headers ceramic coated and with an O/R mid-pipe for like $525. Don't know how much they are going for now but back then it was about 1/2 the price of most others. Fit and installation was without issue. They are of good craftmanship and I believe they are made here in the USA but they are not stainless so depending on where you live it might be an issue.

Went on there site when I click on Ford it says nothing found-404.

gray2014gt

forum member
Reaction score
My bad, wasn't thinking you didn't have a 4.6l. Don't the coyote motors come with tube headers (shorty)?
Yes was looking at long tubes but either way be over $1k for them the mid-pipe and O2 extensions plus cost to put them on if I can't do it myself.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
FYI, JBA fitment of LTs on a coyote arent that good either. But workable. Left side doesnt quite clear the bell housing of the magnum, and I did have steering shaft interference. But only on hard right turns.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Coated mild steel outlives stainless in a header application. This I've read in a few places. Not that it's a concern but that's a vote for pace setter products.

gray2014gt

forum member
Reaction score
Coated mild steel outlives stainless in a header application. This I've read in a few places. Not that it's a concern but that's a vote for pace setter products.
Yeah I was looking at ceramic coated long tubes can get bare etc cheaper but I don't think they'll hold up near as well as ceramic coated one's be worth the $80 extra to have something that'll look good and last longer. But I don't want to spend around $2k+ possibly if I can't install them myself use that towards something else.

Rich Grundza

Reaction score
For my two cents, If you are looking at long tubes on a coyote, you will need to drop the K-member, It's not terrible but it is more work than it looks. And for some of these headers, you are looking at a potential for 10 rhp increase which is the same as shorties. I know my kooks are real close to the K member on drivers side and I worried about false knock but everything is good. Some of these bargain basement headers require denting of tubes to clear steering shaft. And you also need to purchase based on your other mods. Don't buy 1&7/8 tubes for an NA application, it's not going to help you in the long run as there are trade offs to be made. There is a reason why Kooks/American Racing/ultimate are so expensive, they are properly tuned and don't have fitments issues. Every mod I've done has had unintended issues even buying name brand components. My green cats launch catalyst efficiency codes from time to time.
It's expensive to mod coyote, you want to go cheap, swap an LS in or be happy with what you got.

Back