fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
That sounds tube is killing my eyes!
fuckin umbilical cord

GrabberBooGT

forum member
Reaction score
What am I missing on this picture? The 5.0's sit lower in the car and have a straight STB. This picture shows the engine sitting so high, it's got a 2010 STB.

I'm wondering too. The 2011 Strut Tower Brace is straight across with almost no curve -- It can be because the 5.0 engine sits so low. See here:

http://cache-03.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2010/01/800x600_mustang_50_01.jpg

So, in the OP's post, why does the engine look so high, to the point of having a more curved strut tower brace from an earlier model Mustang?

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
Didnt Steeda/SCt say it would be a 44 rwhp and 52 lbs of torque increase or something like that? thanks and nice job at the track... to bad for the damn clutch- Good luck next time. http://forums.themustangsource.com/f800/steeda-2011-5-0-gt-mustang-cold-air-kit-484512/

Yeah, I read that too. But we did numerous back to back runs with their base value file and that is what we got.
Not knocking. We love this CAI system. It's a very clean install and it works.

Last edited:

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same exact thing,so someone is fibbing

No fibbing, that's what was gotten on our dyno between tune and cold air kit. There's different numbers floating out there because depending on the gear the pulls are done in, the numbers will differ somewhat, but we explain that in our write-ups.

and yes the CAI does retain the cold air inlet on the new cars.

assasinator

1000hp turbo 4v
Reaction score
i been using steeda stuff for a while. ill be using it on this car too. i dont think a canned tune can match getting your car on a dyno this time. im either going to MD or tim barth(mph) when he chimes in about these cars.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
i been using steeda stuff for a while. ill be using it on this car too. i dont think a canned tune can match getting your car on a dyno this time. im either going to MD or tim barth(mph) when he chimes in about these cars.

We'll be writing our own tunes. We just used the base file to see how it worked.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back