Stock 3V record?

amnbassist

Reaction score
So just out of curiousity what is the record for the stock bottom end for a 3v? I know the nitrous one but what about guys with a turbo setup and super charger set up? Anyone know?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The lists I put together really don't indicate stock bottom end or not.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The lists I put together really don't indicate stock bottom end or not.

Yea I didn't think about that.

all these "record" subsets are a bit silly IMO anyway.

amnbassist

Reaction score
Yea I didn't think about that.

all these "record" subsets are a bit silly IMO anyway.

Yeah if it indicated the builds on those cars I probably wouldn't have asked. :thumb2:

Besides it's still more of a question because of curiosity.:thanks1:

topbliss

Reaction score
Id say its a pretty good indicator of a stock bottom end if its a 281, no? 281's are most likely stock bottom end. Why would anyone NOT up the cubes if they were in the motor to upgrade it?

So would put the 8.9 by cruzing2much the record holder

amnbassist

Reaction score
because it's all preference, you don't HAVE to up the cubes just cause you got the motor out.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep plus anyone that is running 8s, 9s, and even 10s probably has a forged bottom end (rods/pistons).

When you say "stock 3V" I am assuming stock bottom end as far as the rods/pistons go, correct? If that is what you are asking then the list really won't give you that info.

You figure a stock bottom end will roughly hold up to 500rwhp max, which would put a typical car in the high 10s/low 11s depending on weight and how the car is set up.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Id say its a pretty good indicator of a stock bottom end if its a 281, no? 281's are most likely stock bottom end. Why would anyone NOT up the cubes if they were in the motor to upgrade it?

So would put the 8.9 by cruzing2much the record holder

Cruzing2much is a Coyote 4V Motor NOT a 3v.
You don't need to up the cubes to be fast .
Mine was a built bottom end stock disp 281 , stock heads NO porting , stock cams with a valve job went 9.63 best pass 144.xx. 1.39 60ft on Drag Radials full weight car nothing removed .

Pete

BR1DBL

Reaction score
Yep plus anyone that is running 8s, 9s, and even 10s probably has a forged bottom end (rods/pistons).

When you say "stock 3V" I am assuming stock bottom end as far as the rods/pistons go, correct? If that is what you are asking then the list really won't give you that info.

You figure a stock bottom end will roughly hold up to 500rwhp max, which would put a typical car in the high 10s/low 11s depending on weight and how the car is set up.

I agree, last time my car was on a dyno it made 525rwhp with mods and et's in sig. You can make more power and run faster but pull the "pin" and hope for the best. I have run this combo for three years and the entire NMRA season this past year with no failures.

Wicked97

forum member
Reaction score
our tuner has a Fox Body with a 3V i think he went like 9.2 or something

Twin Turbos complete stock engine

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
our tuner has a Fox Body with a 3V i think he went like 9.2 or something

Twin Turbos complete stock engine

That's right I forgot about Kevin's Car , that's a fast ride, but its a foxbody saves about 500 to 600 pounds but still a 3v record.

Pete

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back