Stock intake vs Boss

scotty

forum member
Reaction score
I don't want this to end up being a debate/bash on tuner, gears, converter or what intake is better. This is just my personal experience.

Since I put the boss intake on my car I wondered if it was worth the $.
I Swapped the stock intake back on a few weeks backs and planned to go to the track just to see.
The best with the boss was a 10.24 @ 104.xx in the 1000ft

Some friends and I rented our local track wednesday. The track is only 1000ft not 1/4 mile.
temps 59-64deg.
I brought the boss intake with me to swap. I wanted same day results.

My car is a 2011 gt auto,navi.
Mods: Airaid CAI, 3:73 Gears, 07 GT500 LCA, BMR relation brackets,BMR spring and Koni str sturts/shocks, DSS alum. D/S, Lethal o/r X pipe, GT500 axle backs, and bama 93r tune, AMR wheels 19x8.5 with 245/45/19 and 19x10 with M/T DRs 305/35/19.

First two runs were back to back with the stock intake after letting the car cool down for about 45mins
and got my new PB with this car.
IMG_0213_zps61b857e6.jpg

I let the car cool down for about an hour and made two more back to back passes.
IMG_6445_zps643b49c7.jpg

At this point I let the car cool off some and put the boss intake and loaded the bama 93r tune for the boss intake.
I was only able to make two more passes and were about 20mins apart.
IMG_5136_zps7a04ea34.jpg

For my set up and mods. The boss was about the same as the stock intake. Other than it looks badass, the boss for me is not worth the $. But staying on for now. I'm happy with my car and don't plan on changing anything soon.

As I said before I don't want this to end up being a debate/bash on tuner, gears, converter or what intake is better. This is just my personal experience.

KrisR

forum member
Reaction score
Nice comparison. Just curious...what are the shift rpms in your tunes for the stock and Boss intakes?

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
You say you don't want to debate tuner/gears/converter etc etc but all those things play an important role with the Boss intake. And as Kris asked what are your shift points with both intakes?

Last edited:

BirdMan65

Reaction score
You say you don't want to debate tuner/gears/converter etc etc but all those things play an important role with the Boss intake. And as Kris asked what are your shift points with both intakes.

He showed what improvement's are on the car from being bone stock.

He was trying to show to other's what just installing the intake and tune did for his car without modifying/changing anything else! If someone had the approximate same added on equipment it would probably come out the same??

I know from this post that I would not buy one (not cost effective) without adding ported heads, cams, converter, maybe higher shift points, etc. to take advantage of the increased intake manifold flow capability.

Dale C.

DTony

forum member
Reaction score
Many people (myself included) have done same day tests with tunes for each intake and shown the Boss intake it faster. I did a post almost 3 years ago doing the same thing and gaining in the 1/4 when I was na.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I know from this post that I would not buy one (not cost effective) without adding ported heads, cams,
Ported heads and cams are not even remotely needed to make the Boss intake work. I gather from your post you don't own an 11+ GT?

BirdMan65

Reaction score
No i don't and what difference does it make? I have an '06 GT with mods. I am sure with some tinkering his car may run faster, who knows.

Last edited:

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
I swapped the boss intake so much on my 2011F150 5.0 that I could do it in about 1 hour but anyway my point was on a basicly stock unit it lost bottom end and gained a little bit on the top.I liked the looks of it so much that I just kept adding parts until it became fast enough to make it worth leaving on.With the boss intake,long tubes,cai,3000 stall,4.10's,GT cams and drag radials it ran 12.60's NA and 11.60's on a 150 shot at 4830lbs.also the boss intake was good for a 2 tenth gain over the stock intake when I would spray it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back