Suspension clunk over bumps

joshuamedina653

Reaction score
I have started too experience this issue since like a week ago and its been bothering me and today i finally had time to lift my car and check it and ive seem to find a couple beat up bushings, can this be whats causing this clunking over every lil bump?
4a360dfed80cba2bb853d4a7ea2d0cb0.jpg
52666d3cc5985af6509252b280206729.jpg
8b8c604618f04118294bf5f23b739eb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I have started too experience this issue since like a week ago and its been bothering me and today i finally had time to lift my car and check it and ive seem to find a couple beat up bushings, can this be whats causing this clunking over every lil bump?
4a360dfed80cba2bb853d4a7ea2d0cb0.jpg
52666d3cc5985af6509252b280206729.jpg
8b8c604618f04118294bf5f23b739eb7.jpg

Bingo. You've found the answer to your own question.

whitey09

Reaction score
20190906_074640.jpg Yes that is your problem. I have had the same issue and I replaced them with these Steeda end links Saturday and all the clunks are gone. Not only that, but the steering feels much tighter and more responsive. The steeda end links are $130 for the pair which is much less than the stock ones and come with everything you need and they are super easy to install. The entire job took 40 minutes and I am a complete novice with only the most basic of hand tools. The only thing extra I needed to do was have my brother grease the end links for me before I put them on. Should last forever now.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Yes that is your problem. I have had the same issue and I replaced them with these Steeda end links Saturday and all the clunks are gone. Not only that, but the steering feels much tighter and more responsive. The steeda end links are $130 for the pair which is much less than the stock ones and come with everything you need and they are super easy to install. The entire job took 40 minutes and I am a complete novice with only the most basic of hand tools. The only thing extra I needed to do was have my brother grease the end links for me before I put them on. Should last forever now.
The steering feels tighter after replacing the sway bar end links?

GlassTop09

Reaction score
As for the sway bar bushings I recommend to replace all of them, both front & rear, due to what you've shown now. You can get the Ford OEM sway bar bushing upgrade kit thru AutoZone (red polyurethane) for a very reasonable price (got both front & rear full set of sway bar bushings for $44.95 + tax). I had to do the same as you're gonna do right after I bought my '09 Stang (replace the front sway bar end links due to clunking when going over bumps) so since you're gonna need to replace the front sway bar bushings anyway the opportunity is before you to also upgrade them to a stiffer durometer bushing to improve your OEM sway bar's effectiveness to control body roll.

Just a thought...………….….

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
i have steeda strut mounts koni orange struts gt500 front control arms 2014GT swaybar end links (superb!,) urethane swaybar bushing

clunk clunk clunk!!

whitey09

Reaction score
The steering feels tighter after replacing the sway bar end links?

Yes, I know it seems unrelated but my end links were so worn out that it made my whole front end feel sloppy and wobbly. Maybe it's just a perception from feeling all of the wobbles through the wheel but now that I've replaced them I really feel like the car is sturdier and pointier. Maybe it's all in my head but the steeda endlinks are undeniably an upgrade and significantly cheaper than the crappy stock ones. Also they are greasable so they should last forever.

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Yes, I know it seems unrelated but my end links were so worn out that it made my whole front end feel sloppy and wobbly. Maybe it's just a perception from feeling all of the wobbles through the wheel but now that I've replaced them I really feel like the car is sturdier and pointier. Maybe it's all in my head but the steeda endlinks are undeniably an upgrade and significantly cheaper than the crappy stock ones. Also they are greasable so they should last forever.
Awesome! If it was that sloppy I guess that would be a huge improvement.

whitey09

Reaction score
So now that I have eliminated the rattling and clunking with the end link upgrade, now I am noticing squeaking and creaking coming from what seems to be the rear and sometimes the sides of the car. Is this a chorus of worn out bushings or is there something else I should look into?

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
So now that I have eliminated the rattling and clunking with the end link upgrade, now I am noticing squeaking and creaking coming from what seems to be the rear and sometimes the sides of the car. Is this a chorus of worn out bushings or is there something else I should look into?

Did you replace them with urethane bushings? If so, you need to grease them with the super sticky and nasty grease that they should have come with.

whitey09

Reaction score
The front end is rock solid and quiet. It the rear and oddly enough the sides of the car I hear squeaks from now. I havent replaced anything in the rear yet so I assume I'm just assuming that the bell is tolling for all the rear bushings at this point. At least for now I can claim victory on the front end.

Deerhunter4

Reaction score
My rear lower control arm bushings have started squeaking. I suspected that was the source of the squeak so I forced some grease in around the bushings and the noise stopped. Mine are done for so I’m going to replace them. Just thought this might help you. Mine have 140k miles on them.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back