Swapping out the NSR for bigger cams suggestions?

ShadyZealot

forum member
Reaction score
Ran into some extra tax money so im going to pick up some Stage II ported heads so i figured while i got it apart i might as well get some better cams and springs.

What would be the best on the shelf set of cams to pair up with the stage II heads. Car has 4.30s, longtubes, 5 speed. Also going to pick up the FRPP intake manifold when it comes out. Its not going to be a daily driver any more, but i obviously still want to be able to drive it to the track.

For those who have done the head swap are there any other hidden cost besides for bolts/gaskets/ and new tune? figured i would also get a set of 39# and new fuel pump

ShadyZealot

forum member
Reaction score
After talking to spaz about it, im pretty set on the SPR stage IIIs

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im guessing they are a step above the 127300. Which would be a vsr cam that requires ported heads with big gains up high.

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
Im running the 127500s with a Livernois stage 2 head. I love the setup. The 127600s are also very nice. Like above said, Marc uses them and his car is a DD i believe. Whcih ever you go with, you'll be happy.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
More info on these......

I wouldn't use them with a blower. An N/A street/strip car though......bad muddafukka.
:beerdrink:

Im guessing they are a step above the 127300. Which would be a vsr cam that requires ported heads with big gains up high.
What they are is one badass street/strip camshaft profile. You have quite a bit of lift which helps with overall breathing capabilities of these heads. The duration is "mid-level" compared to what's on the market. This will give you a good idle and still allow the engine to rpm and breathe. The lobe sep and intake lobe centerline is what really makes them shine on an N/A setup. Considerably more narrow on the LSA & intake centerlien so you get killer low speed throttle response and low end power due to better cylinder pressure. At the hit of the throttle these cams would be very impressive.

Power adder cars won't like them at all. Way too much cylinder pressure would be built due to the LSA and boost pressure. No pump gas on the planet that could handle it.

Last edited:

Cookiemonster

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't use them with a blower. An N/A street/strip car though......bad muddafukka.
:beerdrink:

What they are is one badass street/strip camshaft profile. You have quite a bit of lift which helps with overall breathing capabilities of these heads. The duration is "mid-level" compared to what's on the market. This will give you a good idle and still allow the engine to rpm and breathe. The lobe sep and intake lobe centerline is what really makes them shine on an N/A setup. Considerably more narrow on the LSA & intake centerlien so you get killer low speed throttle response and low end power due to better cylinder pressure. At the hit of the throttle these cams would be very impressive.

Power adder cars won't like them at all. Way too much cylinder pressure would be built due to the LSA and boost pressure. No pump gas on the planet that could handle it.

sounds like a good road race cam too?

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
I've heard lots of good things about the comp 127500's. With the heads etc I wouldn't go with a less agressive cam IMO.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back