swflastang05's build thread

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
^^Thanks again man, that's awesome I'll keep that offer in mind. I hear you, that's the exact reason why I do as much of my own work as I possibly can, to make sure it's done correctly, it's really the only way to know the job is done right. I too have accumulated many tools over the years from my DIY projects, car tools, home improvement, etc. you name it, I do as much as possible myself.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
So my transmission arrived yesterday afternoon, safe and sound. I spent a couple hours on it after work last night, got it bolted back in place. A couple more hours after work tonight, got everything buttoned up, cranked it, topped off the fluid, etc. and went for a nice test drive and holy shit, everything actually worked! I can't believe it, am I finally past all the BS problems?!?! The motor ran great, no throwing belts, etc. and the transmission worked beautifully, nice firm shifts and the lockup hits so hard now the car shakes! OMG I don' know what I'm going to do with myself with everything in my car actually working like it's supposed to, I might actually be able to get to the track and make some passes, Lito can actually finish tuning it, holy cow, happy day!

Just like new again, everything inside freshened up, ready to kick some ass!
hOWZLLUl.jpg

The convertor was gone through again too, and upgraded new design billet bottom plate, pretty nice piece.
2ErXianl.jpg

IQTaN7kl.jpg

canv8all.jpg

Brand new 300M billet input shaft, this one won't bend!
jyqsmIdl.jpg

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So my transmission arrived yesterday afternoon, safe and sound. I spent a couple hours on it after work last night, got it bolted back in place. A couple more hours after work tonight, got everything buttoned up, cranked it, topped off the fluid, etc. and went for a nice test drive and holy shit, everything actually worked! I can't believe it, am I finally past all the BS problems?!?! The motor ran great, no throwing belts, etc. and the transmission worked beautifully, nice firm shifts and the lockup hits so hard now the car shakes! OMG I don' know what I'm going to do with myself with everything in my car actually working like it's supposed to, I might actually be able to get to the track and make some passes, Lito can actually finish tuning it, holy cow, happy day!

Just like new again, everything inside freshened up, ready to kick some ass!
hOWZLLUl.jpg

The convertor was gone through again too, and upgraded new design billet bottom plate, pretty nice piece.
2ErXianl.jpg

IQTaN7kl.jpg

canv8all.jpg

Brand new 300M billet input shaft, this one won't bend!
jyqsmIdl.jpg
Congrats, Damm!!!!!!! I can not wait for that day to come for me, its like a sick man in bed waiting to get better, all you need to do now is go down that track and make some killer passes

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Yeah man it's been a long time in the making, working all the bugs out, but finally everything is working how it's supposed to. Can't wait to get to the track now and make some passes. I stabbed the throttle a couple times on the street this afternoon for a split second and it's freakin' nasty! It really wants to run, I gotta get to the track.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to installing a CAI for my blower! I ordered up some 4" aluminum pipe last week and started working on it this afternoon, I think it's going to turn out pretty sweet. I want to design it so it can be open for track days and have a 90 degree elbow and air filter for driving on the street, either configuration will end up right behind the grill up front. Here's what I have so far (race set up, opening right behind the front grill) don't laugh at my welds, this is my first time welding aluminum for an actual project lol

TzMX5csl.jpg

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to installing a CAI for my blower! I ordered up some 4" aluminum pipe last week and started working on it this afternoon, I think it's going to turn out pretty sweet. I want to design it so it can be open for track days and have a 90 degree elbow and air filter for driving on the street, either configuration will end up right behind the grill up front. Here's what I have so far (race set up, opening right behind the front grill) don't laugh at my welds, this is my first time welding aluminum for an actual project lol

TzMX5csl.jpg
It looks bad ass but those 90s are going to hurt you on power, that's dyno proven also

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Yes but it's a matter of what's worse the 90s or pumping hot air into the blower to get heated up even more, since the current intake is literally inches above the header? IDK

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes but it's a matter of what's worse the 90s or pumping hot air into the blower to get heated up even more, since the current intake is literally inches above the header? IDK
Yea your right loose some to gain some, makes sense, cooler air temps are always better

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Technically the plastic Procharger tube has two 90s in it also so maybe it won't be much difference
4Ebq0Q5l.jpg

I could probably try it both ways at the track sometime, after I'm done it will be easy to switch it back if needed. I made a little more progress today but had to stop to order some couplings. In any case you can get an idea what it will look like when set up for the race / track config:
j10w7NPl.jpg

0S1t6Ctl.jpg

g1aSGuxl.jpg

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Technically the plastic Procharger tube has two 90s in it also so maybe it won't be much difference
4Ebq0Q5l.jpg

I could probably try it both ways at the track sometime, after I'm done it will be easy to switch it back if needed. I made a little more progress today but had to stop to order some couplings. In any case you can get an idea what it will look like when set up for the race / track config:
j10w7NPl.jpg

0S1t6Ctl.jpg

g1aSGuxl.jpg
That looks just like my old setup, I loved it here is a pic

Screenshot_20180204-204332.png

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Nice! Yes it's the same Procharger kit, called stage II maybe? Was that the motor in your car before you did the yote' swap?

travelers

Reaction score
That intake tube looks really good. Don't worry about the alum welds, they don't need to look like a row of nickles to be strong and don't leak.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
That intake tube looks really good. Don't worry about the alum welds, they don't need to look like a row of nickles to be strong and don't leak.

Thanks, I should receive the rest of the stuff I need to finish it this weekend soon, hopefully, then to the track the following weekend. My next struggle will be to decide if I'm going to go for my license during that visit or just focus on tuning my new combo, decisions - decisions!

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I should receive the rest of the stuff I need to finish it this weekend soon, hopefully, then to the track the following weekend. My next struggle will be to decide if I'm going to go for my license during that visit or just focus on tuning my new combo, decisions - decisions!
I have a buddy that' wants to upgrade his trans in his 05 what did your set up cost you or should he get the 5r55s street fighter

fordave

dna (ford)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a buddy that' wants to upgrade his trans in his 05 what did your set up cost you or should he get the 5r55s street fighter
That's What I was thinking do you know what you got in your setup

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back