Sync is Deaf

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Ok this is very weird. I drive this car maybe twice a week now and the only thing I listen to while I'm driving is my Spotify app through Bluetooth Audio. It has the latest software update. It was working a few days ago just fine.

Well out of habit I hit the Voice Command button and Sync advised to state a command (normal this far). I say "Bluetooth Audio" like normal. Sync acts like it can't hear me and goes through my command choices. I try this a hundred times. Nothing.

I try to plug in with Sync "line in" manually. Nothing. Phone just charges and my phone plays silently (like the car radio has taken over normally). It wasn't until I switched to "USB" that it would play through the car radio.

I called the Sync hotline after I did the Master Reset twice. The hotline lady started to instruct me to do the master reset. She advised that if I already had done it; then I have to take it into a Dealership to be fixed. This sucks.

Is there anything I can do? If there isn't, how much does a dealership charge for fixing this?

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
"Quote Originally Posted by madscotsman on a different forum:

Pull fuse #3 in the inside fuse box and leave it out for about 5 minutes, then put it back in. SYNC will be working like new after. You'll have to re-pair your phone/device afterward. I have had to do that probably 10x in the past year since I got my '12 with SYNC. Sync either cant hear me or cant find ANY Bluetooth devices to connect to. Each time, pulling that fuse resolves the issue. It's like a MASTER "Master reset". I've had to pull that fuse so often, I colored the edge of it with a sharpie so I can find it faster. Considering tying some fishing line around it so I can pull it easier. Don't forget to have some needle nose pliers to get the fuse out as the OEM fuse puller inside the fuse box lid is useless and couldn't pull a greasy string out of a cats Ass.

GOOD LUCK!!!!"

This worked like a charm and issue has been resolved.

mustang02

forum member
Reaction score
5 minutes? I do a 30 second fuse pull. Have had to do it 3 times so far.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back