T-56 or TR-6060 swap for 11+ Mustangs??

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
I wanna say a 6060 from a gt500 will bolt up to what you have. Just get all the extra hardware like crossmember, driveshaft, etc...

Reaction score
I wanna say a 6060 from a gt500 will bolt up to what you have. Just get all the extra hardware like crossmember, driveshaft, etc...

There was someone here that had a 6060 swap done and he had to get a reprogram from lund i believe. Pm unas2k5 i think his name was...

Or if you are a member on the mustang source, he is a member there and i think he documented his process. Might want to check there.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
It is an easy swap, tune only needed for speed-o cal, you will need
Trans, 26 spline clutch disc, cross member, drive shaft, shifter.
D&D trans knows how to get the speed-o to work, every thing else is bolt on. If you go with the t-56 you will need SFI bell housing, the 6060 has bell housing integrated into the trans

gil_t2

Reaction score
Is this kit actually available now (or at least the parts to make the kit)?

A few companys offer a kit, D&D is one of them, but you can save money if you buy some of the parts on EBay, or the forum.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Nick, I thought you were selling your car? Hopefully you changed your mind. I would like to see the write up on this as well, even though I currently don't have a problem I would like to do this swap when I get a new motor.

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Is this kit actually available now (or at least the parts to make the kit)?

Yes the 6060 kit is available from D&D Performance for $2999 Shipped to the lower 48 states

A few companys offer a kit, D&D is one of them, but you can save money if you buy some of the parts on EBay, or the forum.

Do you know the other companys? The only one I can find is D&D.

Is there any advantage of one trans over the other?

Rated for about 400 more TQ than the MT82 and has WAY less issues than the MT82 also.

Nick, I thought you were selling your car? Hopefully you changed your mind. I would like to see the write up on this as well, even though I currently don't have a problem I would like to do this swap when I get a new motor.

I havent fully decided not to sell or trade in my car yet. The MT82 is the only reason I have comtemplated moving on to a different car. If I can install a tranny that is not as nearly problematic then I will keep the car.

The only other 3 things needed to install D&D's kit into our 11+ cars is a GT500 driveshaft, a 26 spline clutch, and some type of speedo calibration box that costs $200. Some people have already said that the speedo thing be done in a tune. So im unsure of that.

If I choose to swap the tranny and keep the car, I will definately do a write up of the install and over all impresions. Hope this helps

-Nick

gil_t2

Reaction score
You can get the 6060 from La-point Auto Parts on Ebay, about ten of us have, I bought 2 from them. You can get the cross member and shifter from Horsepower1 also on Ebay. Clutch of your choice, If your car in un modded you can just replace the dis, and keep your PP. Only other thing you need is DS.

There is a guy on here with a 2011 boss blue that did a swap and gave info. I would not label it a build wright up tho. He got info from D&D on making the speedo work

I only paid $1,790.00 for my parts for the swap.

Last edited:

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the extra info. I located the parts from horsepower1 but cant find anything from the La-point seller. If I chose to go this route I was of planning on going with a aftermarket shifter anyways. One thing is for sure though, being stationed in Hawaii SUCKS for doing projects. I'll have to spend at least 600-700 dollars more than the usual person to complete this project.

Do you have a link for the La-Point seller on Ebay?

Thanks!

-Nick

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Gil! I will give them a call on Tues. I would assume the pre build list follow as:

- 6060 Tranny- $2000.00
- Shifter (Stock gt500 or aftermarket. If aftermarket I would need to aquire the factory linkage arm)- $250.00
- GT500 DS or aftermarket 1 piece- $650.00
- 26 spline clutch- $350.00
- flywheel- $300.00
- Shift knob- $50.00
- Speedo calibration box- $200.00
- Crossmember- $100.00

TOTAL= $3900

Look right or is there parts that I can do without?

-Nick

gil_t2

Reaction score
You do not need a flywheel, unless you want an SFI unit. You prices are high, but if you plan on that you will have money left over. BTW check out the forum classifieds for DS and clutches. Also i paid only 1,300 shipped for my trans, see what they will offer.

slvr08gt

forum member
Reaction score
You do not need a flywheel, unless you want an SFI unit. You prices are high, but if you plan on that you will have money left over. BTW check out the forum classifieds for DS and clutches. Also i paid only 1,300 shipped for my trans, see what they will offer.

Sounds good. Im not quite sure what a SFI unit is. Prices are with shipping figured in.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back