Temp Gauge reading high at highway speeds

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
where did you get the vacuum kit?

This is the one I used... Radiator service perfected.

Amazon.com: UView 550000 Airlift Cooling System Leak Checker and Airlock Purge Tool Kit: Automotive@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41UeqVC8aoL.@@AMEPARAM@@41UeqVC8aoL

You pull all the air out and check to see if it keeps the vacuum for 30 or so seconds, I usually wait up to 1 minute. Then pick the hose in the coolant and vacuum fill the cooling system.

This kit lets you check your system for leaks prior to filling. Its worth every penny!!

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a how to on how to wire up the relays when your fuse box has a burnt pin? I have read through a half dozen or so threads but no definitive way to re route the wiring.

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
ok, so you need two relays, one high speed, the other low speed. to start, you will need a good 10 gauge power wire from the battery. that wire is going to split to both relays and its going to be attached to BOTH 86 AND 30 on the relays. you can make a small jumper wire to connect the two if you want.

next, youre going to open up the harness that plugs into the second fuse block. theres two heavier gauge wires in there that are attached to it at the relays. one is light green with a yellow stripe, the other is light green with a violet stripe. Yellow is low speed, violet is high speed. each of these is going to be attached to the 87 pins on your two relays. those are the two high voltage outputs from the relays.

now, you open the harness to the first fuse block. if you look closely, you will see there is a number and letter coding to the grid underneath. you need to locate the two ground wires that activate the relays for the respective fans. if you look at the service manual link below, you will see that coming from the pcm to the fuse block, the wires have a number and letter code for their locations. the low speed is C11, and is color coded DB. the high speed is A12 and is color coded LG-VT. you have to cut these two from the fuse block, and extend them to the new relays. low to low, high to high.

thats it in a nutshell, if you have any issues, you can pm me

ConvertGroundto12v.gif

2006619183240_RelayCircuit.jpg

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40&viewfile=Cooling Fan.pdf

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back